Search for content in message boards

John Scott, d. 1726-1727 Chester Co, PA

Replies: 1

John Scott, d. 1726-1727 Chester Co, PA

Posted: 28 Feb 2004 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Mar 2004 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, James, Garrett, Mundell
I am searching for information on John Scott, who died sometime between 2 Dec 1727 (when his will was written) and 30 Jul 1727 (when his will inventory was filed). He married Margaret James and they had one daughter who I think was named Sara. They had another daughter named Margaret, but John died before she was born (his will leaves provisions for her, varying on whether or not she was a boy or girl). Before Margaret Jr. was born, however, Margaret James Scott remarried to John Garrett, so when Margaret Jr. was born she as given the surname Garrett. She later went on to marry James Mundell.

I believe that John Scott died in Kennett Twp, Chester County, Pennsylvania since that is where he was living when his will was written. He mentions having brothers and a sister but does not mention them by name. His inventory, however, pays money to a Providence Scott, so I am wondering if this is his sister.

Please email me directly at mgaines@radford.edu if you can help. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Michael
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MichaelGaines... 28 Feb 2004 8:05PM GMT 
judithbishop2... 8 May 2013 6:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions