Jonas Perry Scrogham was born July 20,1888 and is the son of James David Scrogham and Eliza Jane McAllister. His brother and sisters are:
1. Mary Ann Scrogham who married Thomas Husband.
2. Thomas David Scrogham who married a Vestie Dadismon.
3. Lucy Etty Scrogham who married a Lewis Thomas Ritchey.
4. William Dissac Scrogham who married a Emma Kate Armstrong.
5. George Abner Scrogham who married a Estill Armstrong.
6. Rosie Lee Scrogham who married a Issac Richardson.
7.Jonas Perry Scrogham who married a Emma Jane Redman on August 22, 1907 in Spencer Co. Ky. Jonas was 19 years old and Emma was 16 years old. I have a copy of the marriage record and their is a note attached that is giving permission for Emma to marry Jonas and it was signed by C.H. Redman. Jonas and Emma had the following children :
1. Millie Scrogham I not sure on date of birth, but she was born before 1911 and was the oldest of their living children and she married a Willis Mills.
2. Jonas Scrogham born May 27, 1912 in Spencer Co., Ky. and died shortly after.
3. George T. Scrogham was born February 20, 1914 in Shelby Co., Ky. and he died August 30, 1985.
4.Arvie J. Scrogham was born April 21, 1916 in Spencer Co., Ky. and died February 28, 1980.
5. Sallie L. Scrogham was born July1, 1918 in Spencer Co., Ky. and married a Cail Goodlet.
6. Henry E. Scrogham was born September 16, 1920 in Spencer Co., Ky.
7. Dorothy M. Scrogham was born February 16, 1920 in Shelby Co., Ky. and married a Stanley McGaughey.
8. J.T. Scrogham was born March 1, 1925 in Shelby Co., Ky. and died February 23,1999.
9. Chester Scrogham was born July 9, 1927 in Shelby Co., Ky.
10. Frank Scrogham was born January 10, 1933 in Shelby Co., Ky and January 13, 1933 and was buried in Salem Baptist Church Cemetery in Mt. Eden. I have a copy of the death certificate that has this info on it with the name of the parents.
I also have a copy of Jonas Scrogham will and it list all of these children except for the 2 children who died shortly after birth.
I also have a copy of Jonas obit & it reads as follows :
Jonas Scrogram Dies
Jonas Perry Scrogham, 73, a retired farmer of the Harrisonville area died Saturday night at Kings's Daughter Hospital.
Survivors include six sons, Jesse, George, Henry, and Chester Scrogham, all of Shelby Co., and J.T. and Orvie Scrogham, both of Louisville; three daughters, Mrs. Willis Mills, Borden, Ind.; Mrs. Cail Goodlett, Mount Eden, and Mrs. Stanley McGaughey, Harrisonville; two sisters, Mrs. Isaac Richardson and Mrs. L.T. Richey, both of Shelbyville; two brothers, Willie and Thomas, Mount Washington; 47 grand -
children, and 22 great - grand- children.
Funeral services were at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 26 at Briar Ridge Christian Church.
I think June 26 in his obit is a error, because everything I have found shows he died June 30. If he is buried at Briar Ridge he does not have a tombstone. I have not begin to work on Jonas and his children, but I am working on his sisters and brothers. Please email me at email@example.com
. if you have more questions. Betty