I am a distant cousin of yours.
John Sculley was born in Ireland in 1838 in either Cork or Limerick, Ireland. He married twice. His first wife was Honora Farrell, who was born in England. His second ife was Mary Handehand. John and Honora came to the East St. Louis, Illinois area around 1870. It is believed he worked as a coalminer near Collinsville, Illinois.
John and Honora had seven children:
1) John Jr., born March 1858 in England
Married Katherine Fox in 1880
They lived at 1709 St. Louis Avenue, E. St. Louis, Illinois
He owned a saloon in E. St. Louis. They had three children.
2) Martin, born April 18, 1861 in England
Married Catherine Cowan in 1887.
They lived at 1515 Summit Avenue, E.St. Louis, Ill. They had three children and he was a City Fireman. Martin died October 5, 1938 in East St. Louis, Illinois.
3) William (My Great-grandfather) born January 1866 in
England or Illinois.
Married 1888 to Elizabeth Breslyn
They lived at 10 South 3rd Street, E.St. Louis, IL
He also owned a saloon, (possibly with his brother.) It was called "Sculley Cave." William died in 1903. They had nine children. I have a picture of him.
4) Andrew, born October 20, 1867 in Illinois
He married Ida ?? He died on January 17, 1926. He was a steel worker. They had two chldren and lived at 444 A North 14th Street, East St. Louis, Illinois
5) Margaret, born ? Married to Elish Meyers (Spelling might be wrong.)They had one son.
6) Ann (possiblily Anastasia), born ? Married William Meyers. No other information.
7) Mary, born ?? Married Enoch Blake They had three children