Search for content in message boards

Seaver family of SW VA & NE TN--update

Replies: 6

Re: Seaver family of SW VA & NE TN--update

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 5:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seaver, Pruner, Riggle
Which county(ies) were your Seaver family from in SW Virginia? And truly interesting information about the family funeral home business. Would love to learn more!

There is a W.C. (William C.) Seaver born abt 1824 VA living in Marion, Smyth Co, VA in the 1850-1880 censuses (these are the censuses that I looked at-there are probably more) and he is a cabinetmaker/furniture maker. Would this be your W.C. Seaver?

He was married to an Elizabeth A. (some trees show Pruner as her maiden name). They are the parents of Albert E., Mary F., William C. 'Willie', George W., Myrtle M. and Sallie E. Seaver.

Are any of these names familiar?

The aforementioned William C. Seaver (b. 1824) may be the son of John Seaver and Nancy Riggle. This John Seaver is the son of Henry (Heinrich) Seaver and Elizabeth (Unknown)and the grandson of 'Immigrant' Casper Seaver and Wife (unknown).

I have very little information on the family of John Seaver as my line is through his brother Jacob Seaver and wife Esther Croberger; however, Pat Seaver may have more as she has a truly amazing collection of Seaver information!

Kim
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
patseaver 7 Feb 2010 8:14PM GMT 
mulecrk 28 Mar 2010 4:44AM GMT 
Laura_Seaver 23 Sep 2010 8:30PM GMT 
mulecrk 25 Sep 2010 11:30PM GMT 
Patsy62Marlin 13 Jan 2011 12:06AM GMT 
Laura_Seaver 19 Apr 2011 7:07PM GMT 
Laura_Seaver 19 Apr 2011 7:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic