Search for content in message boards

Deed from JP and NJ Vance to John H. See, Jackson Co. KY, 1888

Replies: 0

Deed from JP and NJ Vance to John H. See, Jackson Co. KY, 1888

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 1:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: See Berger Abrams Golden King Jackson Baker
note by dlp: John H. See, b. 1834 TN, d. 1913 Jackson Co. KY was the son of John See and possibly of Ann lnu.

Jackson County, Kentucky Deed book 7, page 106 of the Jackson County deeds.

This deed of conveyance made and entered into this 8th day of June 1888 between JP Vance & N.J. Vance his wife of the County of Laurel and State of Kentucky parties of the first part and John H See of the County of Jackson State of Kentucky of the second part Witnesseth that said party of the first part for and in consideration of the sum of $55 in hand paid the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged do hereby sell and convey to the party of the second his heirs and assigns the following property to Wit, 88 acres of land lying and being in the County of Jackson and State of Kentucky on the headwaters of the Southfork Station Camp Creek waters of the Kentucky River and bounded as follows to whit beginning at a small white oak on the line of William Goldens with said line N 80 W 136 poles to a white Oak in a line of E Jackson 200 acres with line of same N 70 E 44 poles to two white oaks small poplar and gum in a hollow corner to Nancy Bergers 100 acres survey then N 80 E 42 poles to a white oak in the corner of new ground fence said oak being a corner that J.D. King E.J.Baker made by land swap thence S 5 W poles to Solomon Abrams line to a maple and hickory thence S.W. course to 2 Chestnut oaks on the ridge in a line of said Abrams that's S 47 W 20 poles to a dead white oak in John H Sees field thence S 74 W 79 poles to the beginning to have and to hold the same together with all its appurtenances thereunto belonging unto the party of the second part his heirs and assigns forever, and the party of the first hereby agrees with the party of the second part to convey the above described property with as full and perfect title as is vested in them by them by virtue of the deed of conveyance from Fayette Hewitt auditor for the Commonwealth of Kentucky In testimony whereof the parties of the first part hereunto subscribed their names the day and year first above written

James P Vance
Nancy J Vance

State of Kentucky County of Jackson

I John Farmer clerk of the county court for the county and state aforesaid
do certify that the foregoing deed from JP Vance and Nancy J Vance to
John H See was produced to me in my office on the 11th day of June 1888 and was acknowledged in due form of law by the said J.P. Vance and N.J. Vance his wife to be there act and deed for the purposes therein named Whereupon the same and the certificate is now duly recorded in my office given under my hand this third day of October 1892

John Farmer Clerk Jackson County Court

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions