Alice Sexsmith Sweet and J. W. Sexsmith are the children of Simon Sexsmith and Margaret Holcombe.
O. D. (Orison Davis) Sweet b. Aug. 15, 1835 NY, m. Alice Sexsmith, b. May 18, 1849 in Selby, Ontario, Canada
1) Margaret Jane Sweet b. September 25, 1864 Ontario Canada
2) Kenneth Sutcliff Sweet b. October 29, 1866 Ontario Canada
2) Clinton Judson Sweet b. Abt. 1869 Ontario Canada
3) Ada Esther Sweet b. Abt. 1872 Selby, Ontario
5) Grace Alice Sweet b. Abt. 1879 Victoria, B. C.
Margaret married Rev, James A, Woods, August 12, 1885, New Westminster District, British Columbia, Ca Margaret died 1955, James died December 14, 1916 Armstrong B. C. They are buried at Mount Ida, -SALMON ARM B. C.
Kenneth married Emma Phoebe Denyes January 12, 1887, New Westminster District, British Columbia, Ca. They had:
1) Stanley Kenneth Sweet b. December 11, 1892 Steveston, B. C.
died February 16, 1972 Kamloops, B. C.
2) Reginald Lawrence Sweet b. August 03, 1895, Vernon, B. C.
married Catherine McK____________
He died October 10, 1980 Vernon, B. C.
She died 1986; they are buried together at Falkland Cemetery, Vernon, B. C.
Clinton m. Mary Jane (Polly) Asbury September 05, 1889, New Westminster District, British Columbia, Ca
1) Marjorie Alice Jane Sweet b. March 23, 1902, Vancouver, B. C.
she died October 13, 1902, Vancouver, B. C.
2) Elsie Vivian Sweet b. about 1886 she married Hamish Guthrie Cowan June 13, 1913 in Vancouver, B. C. Elsie died October 05, 1956, Hamish died October 07, 1953, both in Vancouver, B. C.
Clinton died May 22, 1946, Vancouver, B. C.
Ada Esther m. Walter Vermilyea, January 01, 1891, New Westminster District, British Columbia, Can
1) Ada Irene Vermilyea b. April 09, 1894, Vancouver, B. C.
She married A. M. Menzies, she died July 16, 1979 and is buried at Pender Island / Hope Bay, Gulf Islands, B. C., also buried there is Alexander Morrison Menzies, M. D. (probably her husband)
2) Beula Beatrice Vermilyea b. June 25, 1892 Lulu Island, Richmond, B. C., she married Norman Johnston, November 25, 1927, Vancouver, B. C.
3) Evelyn May Vermilyea b. January 15, 1896, Vancouver, B. C
Grace Alice m. Charles Francis Caldwell April 16, 1900, Kaslo, B. C.
Now for J. W. Sexsmith.
John Wesley was born May 10, 1830 in Lennox, Ontario, Canada
He married first Amanda Boyce Henderson, Abt. 1855
1) Addie Maria Sexsmith b. January 24, 1865 Napanee, Ontario, she m. Alfred Benjamin Wintermute December 03, 1886 New Westminster, B. C.
They had Margaret Pansy Victoria Wintermute b. January 09, 1900
New Westminster, B.C., Canada She married Noel J. Becar the 4th and they had Noel J. Becar the 5th.
2) Charles Garrett Sexsmith b. 1858 Richmond, Lennox And Addington, Ontario he married Martha Arabella Burrows July 27, 1893, Vancouver, B. C He died December 22, 1939, Richmond, B. C. she died September 30, 1951, Vancouver, B. C.
they had 1) Charles B. Sexsmith b. May 08, 1894 in British Columbia
2) Frederick Burrows Sexsmith (not verified)
John Wesley Sexsmith m. 2) Alice M. Tuttle Abt. 1871, Richmond, Lennox, Ontario, Can. Their children:
1) Frances Louise Sexsmith b. November 30, 1878, North Arm B. C. married Jonathan Wilson Foster, July 02, 1904, Vancouver, B. C., they had a daughter Alice Louise.
2) Annie May Sexsmith b. February 27, 1880, North Arm, B. C.
3) James Tuttle Sexsmith b. September 27, 1874 Selby, Lennox/Addington Co., Ontario, died October 15, 1955, Vancouver, B. C. (James was baptized in Ontario, Weslyan Methodist Baptismal Records is my source)
4) George Ansley Sexsmith b. Abt. 1882 , B. C. m. Alice Tuxon Ker May 27, 1909, Vancouver, B. C.
5) Myrtle Sexsmith b. July 14, 1885, New Westminster, B. C m. Walter Lucas Foster, June 12, 1917, Vancouver, B. C. She died February 20, 1982, Vancouver, B. C. He died November 29, 1924, Vancouver, B. C. They had a son Ken Foster.
I would appreciate anything more to add to this family, I am not a Sexsmith descendant, I can not help anyone with their search, I am a greatgrandneice of Orison D. Sweet who married Alice Sexsmith. I am just trying to put the family together.