Descendants of Robert Sharp
Generation No. 1
1. ROBERT1 SHARP was born 1615 in England1, and died in res Brookline MA. He married ABIGAIL WRIGHT Bef. 1640 in Braintree, Norfolk, MA.
Notes for ROBERT SHARP:
Robert Sharp of Brookline MA at age 20 came from London England in 1635 in the Abigail. Live d first at Braintree, then at Muddy Creek, now called Brookline MA. (Sharp Family by Hodgdon) .
Notes for ABIGAIL WRIGHT:
Nicholas Clapp came to New England with his brother Thomas in 1633; m1 his cousin Sarah Clapp ; m2, Abigail, widow of Robert Sharp. per Ebenezer Clapp, The Clapp Memorial .
Children of ROBERT SHARP and ABIGAIL WRIGHT are:
i. MARY2 SHARP. More About MARY SHARP: Christening: December 05, 1652, Roxbury MA
2. ii. JOHN SHARP, b. March 12, 1642/43, Braintree, Norfolk, MA; d. April 27, 1676, Sudbury, MA.
iii. ABIGAIL SHARP, b. 1647, Dorchester, Suffolk, MA; m. EDWARD VOSE, Abt. 1665, Milton, Norfolk, MA.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 SHARP (ROBERT1) was born March 12, 1642/43 in Braintree, Norfolk, MA1, and died April 27, 1676 in Sudbury, MA1. He married MARTHA VOSE Abt. 1664 in Dorchester, Suffolk, MA1, daughter of ROBERT VOSE and JANE MOSS.
Notes for JOHN SHARP: John Sharp was killed at Sudbury 18 apr 1676.
Children of JOHN SHARP and MARTHA VOSE are:
i. MARTHA3 SHARP, m. JOSEPH BUCKMINSTER.
ii. ROBERT SHARP, b. 1665. More About ROBERT SHARP: Cause of Death: Killed by Indians
3. iii. WILLIAM SHARP, b. 1673, Roxbury, Suffolk, MA; d. November 20, 1751, Pomfret, Windham, CT.
Generation No. 3
3. WILLIAM3 SHARP (JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born 1673 in Roxbury, Suffolk, MA1,2, and died November 20, 1751 in Pomfret, Windham, CT. He married ABIGAIL WHITE 1699 in Pomfret, Windham, CT3, daughter of JOHN WHITE and ELIZABETH BOWLES.
Notes for WILLIAM SHARP: 10 apr 1721 William Sharp sold his farm to his bro Robert, and removed to Pomfret CT. He wa s deputy for pomfret CT in the General Assembly of Connecticut in 1722, 1723. (Sharp Family b y Hodgdon). Yeoman.
More About ABIGAIL WHITE:
Burial: 1753, Wappaquians Burial Ground, Pomfret, CT
Children of WILLIAM SHARP and ABIGAIL WHITE are:
i. ABIGAIL4 SHARP, b. March 29, 1700.
4. ii. JOHN SHARP, b. July 14, 1703, Brookline, Norfolk, MA; d. May 10, 1779, Pomfret, Windham, CT.
iii. WILLIAM SHARP, b. February 23, 1704/05.
iv. SOLOMON SHARP, b. February 23, 1704/05.
v. MARTHA SHARP, b. May 07, 1708.
vi. JOSEPH SHARP, b. June 17, 1711; d. September 10, 1760.
More About JOSEPH SHARP: Cause of Death: Died in the service of H.B.M.
vii. BENJAMIN SHARP, b. November 01, 1713; m. DEBORAH INGALLS.
viii. ISAAC SHARP, b. May 23, 1716; d. June 15, 1777.
ix. ELIZABETH SHARP, b. May 15, 1718; d. October 1803.
x. GERSHOM SHARP, b. May 15, 1720; d. September 20, 1802.
Generation No. 4
4. JOHN4 SHARP (WILLIAM3, JOHN2, ROBERT1) was born July 14, 1703 in Brookline, Norfolk, MA, and died May 10, 1779 in Pomfret, Windham, CT4. He married DORCAS DAVIS September 12, 1725.
Notes for JOHN SHARP: other m 12 oct 1725 More About JOHN SHARP: Burial: 1799, Old Abbington Cemetery, Pomfret, CT
Children of JOHN SHARP and DORCAS DAVIS are:
i. JOHN5 SHARP, b. February 05, 1725/26; m. LUCY WARREN, December 05, 1754.
ii. ROBERT SHARP, b. February 14, 1728/29; d. February 13, 1740/41.
iii. ABIGAIL SHARP, b. April 12, 1731; d. February 19, 1740/41.
iv. MARY SHARP, b. July 10, 17335; m. EPHRAIM INGALLS.
v. ELIJAH SHARP, b. August 22, 1735.
vi. DORCAS SHARP, b. January 20, 1737/38; d. April 11, 1821, Carlisle, Schoharie, NY.
More About DORCAS SHARP: Burial: 1821, Grosvenor Corners Cemetery, Schoharie, NY
vii. WILLIAM SHARP, b. March 27, 1740.
viii. ROBERT SHARP, b. May 02, 1742; d. June 30, 1835.
ix. ABIGAIL SHARP, b. May 14, 1744; d. March 19, 1818.
x. DAVID SHARP, b. June 12, 1746.
1. George Hodgdon/WC Sharpe, Sharpe Family/Sharpe Geneology, 1880, 115.
2. LDS Ancestral File online, AFN:GTF0-2V.
3. Lothrop, Thomas, John White of Watertown, NEHGR v 52 (1898) p 421-426.
4. Ellen Vose, Robert Vose Descendants.
5. George Hodgdon/WC Sharpe, Sharpe Family/Sharpe Geneology, 1880, 117.