Search for content in message boards

Cherokee blood

Replies: 0

Cherokee blood

Posted: 4 Oct 2004 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Dec 2004 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Shaver/Fowler Cherokee blood
Dear mickey, This is Carol not Anita. Remember,your first cousin. The Shaver's are not to my knowledge of Indian heritage. They are of German descent.The person who you get your Cherokee blood from is Grandmaw Cindy.Matter of fact John Tate's family wouldn't have anything to do with him after he married that "Indian" woman. Judging from the way that you and your siblings treated her , I'm sure that you won't want to share with anyone that Grandmaw Cindy is where you get your Cherokee blood from.I know that she wasn't what you could be proud of as a Grandmaw but she taught us to be proud of being Indian when it wasn't cool to be Indian. She always said"never forget you are a "Cherokee."She taught us Indian ways and values,and until we all began studying our culture,we just thought everyone believed the way that she taught us.You and your siblings missed out on knowing a wonderful and wise woman.Sorry that you couldn't find out that the Cherokee blood came from the Shaver's but no such luck. It came from that Indian woman over in Dunlap.Sorry that you couldn't give John a more acceptable gift,but at least now you know and you can stop looking. If you ever want to know more about that Indian woman we called Grandmaw,Anita has our addresses.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions