Search for content in message boards

Info on Daniel Shaw - Cumberland County New Jersey / Philadelphia

Replies: 0

Info on Daniel Shaw - Cumberland County New Jersey / Philadelphia

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shaw, Sheppard, Butler
I am looking for information on my g,g,g grandfather Daniel Shaw. He was the son of Harvey Shaw and Deborah Sheppard. He was born in Cumberland County New Jersey but married Mary Swallow in Philadelphia in 1854. Daniel and Mary had a son also named Harvey Shaw (there are many relatives named Harvey and Henry so it gets confusing) who married a woman anmed Elizabeth Buter in Philadelphia. Harvey and Elizabeth were the parents of my great grandfather Charles H. Shaw from Philadelphia.

My question is mostly about Daniel's whereabouts after 1860. The 1860 census shows him living in Philadelphia in 1860 but then it gets confusing because it looks to me like he moved back to Jersey and was recorded as a Downe Township resident in 1870. I do not understand why he would come to Philly to marry, live there and then go back to Jersey. Though there seems to be ample information about Henry Shaw, Esquire and other family members leading up to Daniel I cannot find information out about Daniel himself.

There is also a problem with finding both his son Harvey (my great great grandfather) and my great grandfather Charles H. Shaw in 1800. Both families have vanished from the records. I have searched their names a million ways and come up with nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Rose

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions