Isabella was the daughter of Rev. John TENNENT of Roseyards, County Antrim, Ireland. She was born on 12 Apr 1757 at County Antrim.
She died on 21 Feb 1828 at Cayuga county, NY.
Isabella married John SHAW, against her parents wishes, on 7 May 1777 County Antrim.
John SHAW immigrated to Newburgh, Orange, NY in 1799; Isabella and children came in 1800. John SHAW was born 21 Oct 1756 presumably at Antrim County. He died 29 Mar 1840 at Cayuga county, NY.
Children of Isabella TENNENT and John SHAW:
1. Eliza SHAW (1780-1852)
m. James W KING, lived at Paterson, Passaic, NJ
2. Robert Tennent SHAW (1783-1824 )
m. Eliza Jane MINIER, lived at Lansing, Tompkins, NY
3. Daniel John SHAW (1785-1873)
died unmarried; no children; owner of Summerhill Estate
4. Ann SHAW (1786-1844) died at Dryden, Tompkins, NY
m. Samuel MOFFAT
5. Margaret SHAW (1791-1811) died at Lansing, Tompkins, NY
m. ___ MINIER, one son Abram J MINIER (1810-1826)
6. Isabella SHAW (1793-1794)
died at infant, buried Roseyards, County Antrim
7. William Tennent SHAW (1796-1870) lived at Cortlandville, Cortland,
m. Sabrina HOLLISTER,
8. Maria Jane SHAW (1799-after 1880)
m. James LOWERY (1809-1882)
9. Isabella Tennent SHAW (1800-1860) lived at Springport, Cayuga,
m. James D JOHNSON (1799-1876)