Michael Shea/Shay County Kerry,Ire>Norwich, CT>Troy, NY

Replies: 6

Re: Julia SHEA SULLIVAN; Tralee, Curraheen, County Kerry

Posted: 1 May 2010 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2010 7:28AM GMT
Surnames: Shea, Dunne
Jack
I have to do some digging tooecause we moved into a smaller house and I stored much of our stuff including some of the genealogy files the Shea one seems to be among the missing. I don't know if I had the info about Michael's move to Norwich, CT in 1861. His mother and at least one sister maybe three moved with her in the 1850s. After his marriage in 4/1861 in Tralee at St Johns he joined his mother Bridget age 60 and definite sister Mary age 23. There weretwo other females listed with his mother and sister namel6 Bridget age 29 and Hannah age 14. Apparently this is where the name Hannah came from for Michael's daighter who shortened it to Anna. I haven't found anything about Michael's father who did not go to Norwich. Whether he was dead or Michael was staying with him until he died and that is why he didn't leave until after 4/1861. Most census records for Michael and Bridget give there birth year as 1840 but I don't have a copy of his birth certificate nor did I ever send for his marriage certificate from St Johns because the secretary wanted me to send cash which I wasn't comfortable with. They listed thier surname spelled as Shay in Norwich and when they forst go to Troy but the the St Johns record said O'Shea and Dunne, Bridget was the daughter of James and Bridget Rodgers Dunn of Kildare City. How they met when she was from accross the country I don't know. They moved to Troy after Michael returned from service ad were there whe Hannah/Anna was born in 1867. He died in 1928 in Troy, NY. Somewhere I have the write up in the Troy paper about his years of Hardware store work and they lived on Hutton ST and Railroad Ave off Hutton in Troy. That is about all I can remember right now presuming I didn't tell you this before. Talk to you again.
Rich
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
richardshea26 29 Apr 2005 8:23AM GMT 
nonquitt95 29 Apr 2005 8:11PM GMT 
Richard Shea 30 Apr 2005 4:16AM GMT 
jackger 28 Apr 2010 4:56AM GMT 
richardshea26 28 Apr 2010 6:52PM GMT 
jackger 29 Apr 2010 10:39AM GMT 
richardshea26 2 May 2010 12:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic