Search for content in message boards

Emily (Hughes) Shinn

Replies: 5

Re: Emily (Hughes) Shinn

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
About the cemetery......I've been to all those cemeteries, as I've been to Pinkstaff more times than I can remember (my father and his sisters spent every summer in Pinkstaff as children) and I'm in touch with the family. I've been to Emily Hugh's grave many times. I thought it was in the East Pinkstaff cemetery, but I can check. Many cemeteries in Pinkstaff were severely vadalized within the last 10 years. Many formerly marked graves are now unmarked. I can check with my cousin Donald Davis who farms my land in Pinkstaff to verify where Emily is buried. I was intrigued once to notice during a brief trip through Zanesville OH that there is a Shinn street there. I have a piece of furniture which once belonged to Emily Hughes...it has a label on the back from the Ritterskamp Furniture Company in Zanesville. My grandmother (who was 24 when Emily Hughes died) was quite close to her and relayed most of the stories to me. My grandmother died when I was 24.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NelsBenne 18 Jun 2010 2:09AM GMT 
Darlene Steff... 18 Jun 2010 3:19AM GMT 
NelsBenne 18 Jun 2010 8:41PM GMT 
Darlene Steff... 21 Jun 2010 5:47PM GMT 
NelsBenne 29 Sep 2012 3:16AM GMT 
Darlene Steff... 30 Sep 2012 6:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions