Search for content in message boards

Silva, Italian roots

Replies: 5

Silva, Italian roots

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 7:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SILVA, SILVIA, SYLVIA
i posted a couple years ago when i started researching my family tree. as i haven't had a response i'm posting again in hopes of still finding someone who might be related. it seems i've been to as many italian genealogy pages as possible and each time i'm always the one entering the silva, silvia, or sylvia into the italian surname databases.

My great grandpa, Angelo SILVA, came to the united states with his wife Ann, and his kids, whose last names were changed to SILVIA. his grandkids' last names were changed to SYLVIA.

i was told that some members of the family headed out west, to california. the sylvias in my family that i still know are in upstate new york.

On the naturalization papers, it says...

Petition Vol 12 #2573 Certificate # 1313774
Nato in Monofroli - Parrocchia
Citta di Monopoli
Provincia DI BARI

...which means something along the lines that Angelo was born in Monofroli in the city of Monopoli, and the Barium/ di bari province of Italy (i'm almost positive, although i'm not fluent in italian).

The names and ages listed on the papers were Minzia (20yrs), Laura (19), Teresa (15), Angelo (15 or 13), Sebastian (11), Pietro (7), Maria (4), Louis (2).

my great aunt doesn't remember anything about Minzia, Sebastian, or Maria, so we think they were someone else's kids and came with my family.

If you know any information about Angelo SILVA, or the family, especially anyone in italy (or maybe our italian roots even have roots in portugal), i would love to hear from you! hope to hear from someone

-jes-
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jess1856 20 Aug 2004 1:29PM GMT 
silvalori 20 Aug 2004 2:21PM GMT 
jess1856 20 Aug 2004 4:26PM GMT 
Frau_walder 4 Dec 2004 6:46AM GMT 
jess1856 4 Dec 2004 9:07PM GMT 
mhleta 25 Feb 2014 5:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions