Search for content in message boards

Smith's NC/TN/KY/IL/MO/KS/OK

Replies: 13

Re: Smith's NC/TN/KY/IL/MO/KS/OK

Patricia Ruskauff (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2005 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Glenn, Locke, McCoy, Rose, Lane, Spivey
Hi: There is always a possibility. I am researching Henry Homer Smith. On the entrance papers for the children being placed in the Corsicana State Orphans Home, it says he was born on Sept. 10, 1871 in MS. I can't find him. Since my grandmother had lost her mental capabilities, it is possible that this information or some of it is incorrect. My grandparents were married on Jan. 10, 1905 in Coriscana, Texas. We believe our grandfather bought property near Corsicana in 1901 and paid it in full in 1909. We believe he owned the Smith Hotel in Corsicana as he is listed as the proprietor in the 1909 City Directory but he may have only been the manager. My grandfather went by Mr. H. H. Smith. His wife was Willie Hester Locke. His children were Wister Allen Smith, Ethel Mae Smith (my mom), Henry Homer Smith, Jr., and Wilson Bankston Smith. I will definitely keep my eyes open for your Smith if you will keep a look out for mine. Be sure to check the county courthouse deed records, the city directories, tax records, and voters records. You can these on borrow on microfilm from the LDS. She may have been very distraught over his death or she may not have forgiven him for dying so young for whatever reason. She may have been very emotional when filling out the death form or the person writing things down may have just not filled it in. She may not have been the one to have filled it out unless you know this without a doubt that she did. Again, it may have just been too painful for her to deal with so she just didn't talk about it. Best wishes on your research. Who knows, we may very well connect.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
geraldweston5... 3 Jan 2013 4:28PM GMT 
Patricia Ruskauff 26 Sep 2005 12:55AM GMT 
Joyce Williams 26 Sep 2005 3:28PM GMT 
BBowden57 30 Mar 2011 5:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions