Search for content in message boards

Smith family. Descendants of Samuel Farrow & Mary Littlejohn of Thicketty, S.C.

Replies: 8

Re: Smith family. Descendants of Samuel Farrow & Mary Littlejohn of Thicketty, S.C.

Posted: 5 Dec 2011 8:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goss, Dunn, Smith, Littlejohn,Pinson,Husky, Huckaby, Hord,Grimes.
Hello, Donna.
Today is Dec.5, 2011, I was sent your message from Ancestry.com. to my computer.
I posted my inquiry way back years ago, when I was married to Jasper Dunn, who passed away 2 years ago. I remarried, and now am Betty Dyer, and live near Alma, AR (Kibler area, south of Alma).

My Dad was Harvey Milton Goss. His mother was Elizabeth Morning Smith (maiden name), who married Robert F. Goss, my Dad's Dad. Elizabeth Morning Smith was my Grandmother, and daughter of Samuel Farrow Smith and Mary Littlejohn, of Thicketty, S.C., near Gaffney, S.C.
One of my Grandmother Goss's sisters was Mary Calpurnia (Purnice) Smith, who married a Jessie Pinson, and they lived in Union County, S.C. (according to records my Dad left me).
Purnice and Jesse Pinson had children: Bently, Mosie, Haden or Hayden, Arazona, Nancy, Jauneda, Edna, Lois, Clara, Lena, and Agnes. Agnes married Ed Huskey.
Agnes and Ed had only one child that I've heard of, Cecile. she married Henry Huckaby, they had 5 children. Henry died, I guess.
Then Cecile wed second time to John Richard HORD. Their kids were: Travis (had 5 kids); Felmer (no kids); Clarency had girl Steedly who was 19 years old in 1930;
girl, Anzy (Arizony?) 17 yrs old in 1930; and Geneva,(oldest child of Agnes)) wed John Richard HORD, had kids: Travis, Felmer, Clarency.
Clarency Hord had kids :girl, Steedly, Anzy, Geneva Hord, who married Ross Grimes.
Geneva and Ross Grimes had: 2 boys, Jerrel and Charle.

That's about far as my record go, except my notes have a Lounelle Hord being youngest girl of Agnes Pinson Hord., and Geneva was living with Lounelle in Kannapolis, N.C. in 1930. Don't know why. Old age, maybe, and Depression was on at that time.

Hope I"ve been of some help. If you think we're on same page, or we can help each other on our Smith Family History, be glad to get with you.

My email is: dutch736@yahoo.com
Be glad to hear from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@dutch@ytmm.... 11 Nov 2001 12:52AM GMT 
@@dutch@ytmm.... 14 Nov 2001 3:58AM GMT 
@@dutch@ytmm.... 16 Nov 2001 12:49AM GMT 
R Leslie Prince 25 Sep 2006 11:24AM GMT 
grimes_donna1 4 Dec 2011 8:15PM GMT 
dutch746 6 Dec 2011 3:00AM GMT 
RLeslieP 16 Jul 2012 10:50AM GMT 
galyandonna 24 Jan 2013 6:05PM GMT 
galyandonna 24 Jan 2013 6:19PM GMT