Search for content in message boards

John Smith & Elizabeth Lancaster N.C.

Replies: 9

Re: John Smith & Elizabeth Lancaster N.C.

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 10:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Hix, Kelly, Laban, Campbell
Reva,
My John Smith was born bet. 1730-50 I don't know where or who his parents were but am getting close to finding out.
My first record of him and his wife Elizabeth something was in
Richmond Co city of Rockingham, N.C.
Children were:
William
John Jr.
Arthur
Drury/Drewry
Rachel
Samantha
Lydia
+ more that are unknown at this time.

Benjamin may be another relative as may another Elizabeth.
This Sr. Smith and his wife move to Tn Bef. 1820 living in several counties there. They end up in Williamson Co, Tn.
John Smith Sr. dies in 1825 just a year after he wrote his will.
He names his children and his wife Elizabeth, The Hix's, The Kelly's, Lydia Laban, probally a middle name, and his other living son -in-law, Richard Campbell, who was married to Rachel. Rachel and Richard Campbell married in the late 1780's in Rockingham. Rachel's sister, Samantha, or aka Smithe, married Richard's brother, William Campbell. Both of these men were the sons of James Campbell Sr. of Va (1720's)
and of N.C. There was another brother, James Jr. all of these men were born by 1780's as were the Smith children.
I know that Drury Smith prob. remained in N.C. and rec. a land grant there in Rockingham in the 1790's. It is unclear to me about the other children.
I am currently working on this line, and it is very difficult!!!
It appears that two or more of the children were probally born in S.C. around Marion. I am thinking that John the father was more than likely born in Va. He prob. named his first son after his father, John or William I would guess.
I will try and do a few lookups for you later on today. right now I am going to eat lunch and rest. I have worked out in the yard digging holes for new plants with a pick. In this heat it is very hard to do. The yards and pastures are full of rocks! My flowers only share the space with the rocks.
I will get back with you later today.

Karen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Avon4menow 29 Jul 2003 11:03AM GMT 
revaells 19 Aug 2003 9:56AM GMT 
Avon4menow 19 Aug 2003 11:16AM GMT 
revaells 19 Aug 2003 11:34AM GMT 
Avon4menow 20 Aug 2003 9:55AM GMT 
reva 20 Aug 2003 12:53PM GMT 
Avon4menow 20 Aug 2003 4:00PM GMT 
reva 20 Aug 2003 4:26PM GMT 
Revaellsworth 31 Dec 2010 11:41PM GMT