Search for content in message boards

Smith's in Pittsylvania Co., VA

Replies: 16

Re: Smith's in Pittsylvania Co., VA

Posted: 28 Oct 2009 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know what to make of all this either with George K. Am working diligently on the connection. No I have not been to VA to check out cemeteries. Although I will be going in March and plan to do research in the VA library. The microfilm of information on Smith/Nuckles (sp) is there and I want to review it. Am waiting for some PERSI information and have obtained a number of microfilm rolls from the VA library and will be looking at those this weekend. My line goes through George and Eliza, to Ralph and then to George K. Did I miss someone in there? I do have pictures of George and Eliza and one other guy who I never asked my grandmother about. I am going to guess it's Ralph Smith. He looks just like my grandmother. But to tell you the truth, the guy doesn't look like George nor Eliza. So that's that for family resemblances.
My goal is to join the DAR. If not through this direct line, then through Adkins or Wright. The DAR information doesn't even show George K as a son of Beheathaland. Honestly, I wonder if there is some cover up. Seems William Smith Notes have a remark about George Smith being George Ks father. But Towler Anderson made a remark in enclosures that this is some err. Cryptic. I also ran into an Anderson reference to George K when I googled Beheathaland. Odd, cause it never came up for George K Smith. This person has listed George K as George Smith's son. I have not heard back, my e mail probably went to spam, for any hard evidence of this fact. I hope for a response.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cass1231 28 Oct 2009 9:58PM GMT 
cass1231 21 Jan 2010 8:22PM GMT 
Hank Rogers 20 Apr 2007 12:36PM GMT 
cass1231 14 Jan 2010 12:41PM GMT 
nvfreeman 4 Jan 2013 6:38AM GMT 
WillardBacon5... 22 Sep 2009 1:29PM GMT 
meliscellany 14 Nov 2011 7:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic