Search for content in message boards

Smith's NC / KY

Replies: 7

Re: Smith's NC / KY

Posted: 7 May 2009 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dennis, I'm still looking for documentation as to the parents of Noah, however,I'm pretty sure the Noah Smith in the 1850 and 1860 census for Jackson, KY., is my Noah Smith.
Noah is listed with parents Merida and Mary Smith along with siblings Elizabeth, Mary An,David,and William, all born in North Carolina.
Living nearby is part of the Issac family as well as the Williams family, which leads me to think I may be on the right track.
The same Noah Smith married Nancy Robbins who's Noah and Nancy show up in the 1870 census for Bell County as does his father Merida who is living with David and nearby is Noah's sister Mary.
If this is your Smith line I have some family stories I would be happy to share with you or anyone related to Noah and his family.
Noah is also mentioned in the book: "The History of Bell County." This book can be found online. Some of the information in regards to the children of Noah is wrong, Juda was not the mother of twins John and George or Levisa and Rebecca, as per my mother who was the daughter of John Smith.
Janice
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eastkydaisy 21 Mar 2007 5:57AM GMT 
djisawesome 6 May 2009 4:03PM GMT 
eastkydaisy 8 May 2009 2:31AM GMT 
djisawesome 8 May 2009 12:29PM GMT 
eastkydaisy 8 May 2009 1:09PM GMT 
Gardengreens 30 Nov 2012 4:01PM GMT 
djisawesome 30 Nov 2012 5:19PM GMT 
Gardengreens 30 Nov 2012 6:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic