Search for content in message boards

Ast, Behrens, Mangels,Buck

Replies: 2

Ast, Behrens, Mangels,Buck

Posted: 8 Oct 2008 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Aug 2013 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ast, Behrens, Mangels,Buck

I am looking for info on the names Henry Behrens and Louisa Buck, Henry Ast and Mary Mangels.
Henry Behrens or Hans H Behrends was born in 1840 in Hamburg Germany and left there around 1856 to become a sailor. He came straight to Iowa in the 1870's and married Louisa Buck. I don't know of any siblings to him or if any family of his cam to the states. He died in 1929 in Iowa around the cedar county area. Louisa Buck was born in Germany and had at least three sisters ( Sophia(Harts), Catherine (Allers), and MaryMartin)) who all came to Iowa in the 1800's. Two Brothers Carl and Julius and maybe one more who stayed in Germany. The Ast side came from Kiel Germany. Henry Ast was born in 1858 and died in Davenport Iowa. He was married to Mary Mangels. They both died in Davenport Iowa and burried in Walcott Cemetery. Mary Mangels was born in Bluegrass Iowa. She was born to John H Mangels and Wilhelmina Hass. John's obit says he came from Atien Germany and Wilhelmina came from Germany too. I have hit a wall on these relatives. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks Melinda Dreher (Smith)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patrick Allan... 8 Oct 2008 6:00PM GMT 
jmdishler62 18 Oct 2008 6:19AM GMT 
Patrick Allan... 20 Aug 2013 2:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions