Search for content in message boards

Robert smith

Replies: 17

Re: Robert smith

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
John
hi thanks for writing i would be grateful to exchanged information with you and i will do the same.
Cape Smith and Mary Jane Grissett are my great great grandparents, Charlie is my great grandpa and leon is my grandpa. my grandpa leon sister avie lou sent a letter and told us some things about her family i was quiet amazed
and confused at the same time need to said i can't figure out this family i hope i don't confused you but here it goes.

Avie Lou wrote this letter.

most of the history is from memories, births, deaths are from family records, my great grandfather Robert Smith was a civil war veteran wounded in that war he later died sometime after 1910,as i vaguely remember him at my grandfather [cape] home he had a long white beard.no rememberance of his wife they had five children [1] marge [2] liza [3] bob [4] tom [5]cape [my grandfather] tom lived in alice texas and bob in pinson alabama aunt marge lived in halt fla and aunt liza lived with grandpa and family in monroe county alabama cape smith was married to mary grissett two children were borned to them my father Charlie and delia [smith] johnson, they were divorce when my father was very small, then my grandfather married Hattie woods at[blacksher later called uriah alabama monroe county]from that marriage came 4 children [1] tom smith [2] avie lee [3] suie dee smith [4] freeman smith all of goodway alabama except for tom who died in the 1960. grandpa [cape] died in 1935 and mary grisett must have been married in escambia county alabama as the grisett semed to have settled there in the middle 1800's.

John, the freeman smith is cape, this would be cape and hattie son i'm assuming, i have looked on familysearch.org and it show this

cape freaman smith
born: march 26, 1869 florida
Died February 03, 1935 goodway, monroe Alabama
Burial Jedo Missionary Church Cemetery Monroe Alabama

Hattie Woods
borned: october 16, 1881 in uriah monroe alabama
died: march 08, 1959 goodway Alabama
burial: freewill baptist church cemetery in semirah springs monroe alabama

hattie parents
marion woods and mary boatwright.

okay this is what i think i think that Cape freaman smith and hattie woods were married and the reason i said this is because of the birth so i not sure if cape smith robert son was married to hattie i think she might of got it confused in some way so if you find out the mestery of Robert smith and cape, let me know, hit a brick wall. does that make any sense to you

now this is what was sent to me from a man name rayford smith
cape smith married mary jane grisett on november 09, 1883 information.

Avie Lee Smith [this is cape freaman smith sister]
borned: november 10, 1910 goodway Monroe alabama
died: april 16, 1976

ihope i didn't confused you maybe you canfigure this out i'm still trying to find out abt Robert Smith

connie

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
conniemerchan... 29 Mar 2009 9:04PM GMT 
johncasperson... 15 Apr 2011 4:02PM GMT 
conniemerchan... 16 Apr 2011 7:32PM GMT 
johncasperson... 17 Apr 2011 2:57PM GMT 
conniemerchan... 17 Apr 2011 4:19PM GMT 
conniemerchan... 16 Aug 2011 6:05PM GMT 
conniemerchan... 28 Apr 2012 12:54AM GMT 
johncasperson... 28 Apr 2012 8:07PM GMT 
conniemerchan... 29 Apr 2012 11:29PM GMT 
conniemerchan... 4 May 2012 2:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions