Search for content in message boards

Smith Family Originally from Benton County, Tennessee

Replies: 2

Re: Smith Family Originally from Benton County, Tennessee

Posted: 16 Feb 2014 1:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Haynes, Nordin, McIllwain, Autry, Cole, Daniels
Hello!

I have some information on this family that you might find interesting. My great, great grandmother was Delia Smith who married Morris McIllwain in 1890. She was born in 1874 in Decatur County to Stephen Lafayette "Fate" Smith and Effie Ann Haynes. Fate and Effie married in 1872 in Decatur County. Delia had the following siblings (Cynthia Jane Smith Cole, Mary Canzada Smith Cole Daniels, William Oscar Smith, Anderson E. Smith, Lora Emeline Smith Smith, John Foster Smith, and Sarah Camile Smith Autry). The Smth family ultimately were from Decatur County, then moved to Benton County.

Fate Smith's parents are no where to be found on here. Effie Ann Haynes was the daughter of William E. "Doc" Haynes and Mary Christene Nordin. Doc and Christene were originally from Carroll County, Tennessee. Effie had several brothers and sisters. Fate Smith died in 1925 and is buried at the Haynes Cemetery in Decatur County, Tennessee on the old Jim Spence farm. Effie died in 1936 in a house fire, she was trapped by debris and couldn't be saved as it says on her death certificate. She is buried at the Centerville Cemetery, in Gibson County, Tennessee.

I hope this helps even though you wrote this almost 5 years ago!
Please feel free to message me and ask any questions. I have old photos of the family as well.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chuntoon219 24 Jun 2009 6:02PM GMT 
Sheila Smith 28 Jun 2009 2:51AM GMT 
Kyle Smith 16 Feb 2014 8:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions