Search for content in message boards

Proof of Smith Heritage

Replies: 5

Re: Proof of Smith Heritage

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I looked on the DAR web page and found a Jeremiah Smith married to Jemima (No Surname listed) Born Abt. 1755 died Abt. 1800. State of Service is Listed as South Carolina. State of Death Listed as Greenville District South Carolina. Could this be your Patriot? If so, I would try to look for a Probate record listed for him in South Carolina. Your best bet would be to find a Will listing heirs to the Estate. You might try finding one for his wife Jemima too, by looking in Louisiana and Mississippi. There are three people who are listed as descendants of this Patriot, through a son also named Jeremiah. The generations listing for each person shows a common thread with your info. They all show the families as being from South Carolina-to Georgia-to Mississippi. You can Purchase a record copy of a previously verified application on the DAR website. It can be used as supporting documentation to help link to a patriot. It costs ten dollars. I don't know if this helps at all, I wish you luck.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rllunceford1 27 Dec 2012 6:25PM GMT 
Sondra Bivins 23 Jan 2013 11:45PM GMT 
LastSmithStan... 24 Jan 2013 5:51AM GMT 
turututu 7 Feb 2014 2:38PM GMT 
LastSmithStan... 24 Jan 2013 6:47AM GMT 
rllunceford1 24 Jan 2013 4:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions