Search for content in message boards

Need help with Smiths in Kentucky

Replies: 0

Need help with Smiths in Kentucky

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith
I am stuck on one particular generation of my family. My grandfather's father (my great) is George Smith. He was born June 22, 1896 and died April 19, 1948. His death certificate lists his parents as Bill and Rhoda Smith. It says that Rhoda's maiden name is SMITH but I am not sure if that is actually the case or if the person filling out the death certificate didn't know her maiden name. I can not locate Rhoda Smith anywhere. George's death certificate states he was born in Knox Co, Kentucky and I know he was buried in Wallins Creek. George's brother Jack ( my great uncle)was born in August 8, 1908. His death certificate lists his mother as Mary J Smith. After doing considerable research I finally figured out this was his step-mom, not his bio mom. Mary Jane Stewart and William Smith got married in April of 1909 about eight months after Jack was born. The problem I am running into is the State of Kentucky only has records after 1911. I have tried checking with archives but they are missing several years - most of which I need. I really would like to know who George and Jack's mom is - she would be my great grandmother. They also had other children: Mollie, Isaac (Ike), Robert and John F. I do not have birth dates or death dates on any of these. The only other thing I know is that my mother remembers Ike so he would have died well after she was born in 1955. She also said he married a Maggie. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions