Search for content in message boards

Native AMERICAN INDIAN "Smith" Family PROJECT!!

Replies: 0

Native AMERICAN INDIAN "Smith" Family PROJECT!!

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 9:17AM GMT
Classification: Query

Hi to all my INDIAN COUNTRY "Smith" relations!

I am doing a native American Indian SMITH family PROJECT to assist us All in our search for Smith pictures, info, records, etc.

I'm collecting/compiling & indexing,any Old SMITH photos (1830-1960s,the Earlier,the better!)in jpeg/gif (ONLY)format-(or scans of old painted portraits,or of Gravesite HEADSTONE pix,too)-sent as attachment w/email to me...to:

KamiyaWalksProud@Yahoo.com

-including as much info (as known) about person(s) IN the photo(s)-

such as:name/dates birth/death/marriage; from whom they descend (if known); whom they married, or names of children; tribal affiliation/ancestry, &/or, what they did for livlihood,etc.,etc.

I will complete this project w/in the next 2 1/2 - 3 months -and Anyone who submits an image to me---will receive FREE, a compiled photo booklet and access to the native American Indian SMITH Family photo/info website, when it is completed.

Regarding your SMITH individual's Native American Indian
HERITAGE---please submit scanned images of PROOF of that
Indian blood--such as scan of a)tribal enrollment, b) image
of that ancestor Listed on an INDIAN CENSUS (Dawes Rolls,
Guion, etc.), c) scan of some other legal document showing
that person listed as Indian or listed by their tribal aff- iliation,etc.

Also OTHER jpeg/gif images of documents/text are welcome (as again, this adds "context" to the person in photo's life)--

such as: scanned b/m/d certificates;military photos; typed pages of family history; sketches of family tree image; gravesite pix; scanned images of pension/military/citizen-ship/medical records; yearbook photos; news clippings;or scans of family bible pages,etc.,etc.

Please make the jpeg/gif no larger than about 8x10 inches, preferably around 5x7 or 7x9-ish, size.

I hope to make this a really helpful TOOL for all of us native SMITHs--(and any related lines you wish to submit--such as those We married-in "with" or of those of surnames that married "in with" us!).

Thanks Much!!--Kamiya .....

Email me (w/ TEXT INFO In "body" of SAME email the attached jpeg (or gif) image, is sent in), to.....

KamiyaWalksProud@Yahoo.com

thank you kindly,

Kamiya

P.S.-Please NO (regular U.S) CENSUS IMAGES,as Ancestry.com HAS them ALL(but INDIAN CENSUS images-ARE WANTED--such as Dawes Rolls, Guion,etc!) as i am really looking to compile NEW info/pictures that have NOT been findable at current online websites, so as to make an all NEW "tool" for us all!

Find a board about a specific topic