Search for content in message boards

SMITH, Lucinda, Charles F., Dorthula, James A-Wayne Co. Mo

Replies: 0

SMITH, Lucinda, Charles F., Dorthula, James A-Wayne Co. Mo

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eads, Smith, Kosiner, Kasimeas
I am researching my 2nd Great Grandmother Lucinda Smith. She was born about 1853 somewhere in Missouri. She married my 2nd great Grandfather Charles Frank Smith (Son of Alexander Doc Smith and Catherine Wright) approx. 1875 somewhere in Wayne County, Missouri. Due to the destruction of courthouse records unfortunately to my knowledge there are no marriage records for Wayne County MO prior to the late 1890`s.

I do not have a maiden name for Lucinda. She only appears on the 1880 Census for Saint Francois Twp. Wayne County, Missouri. She disappears after that entry.

In 1896 I find another marriage record for my grandfather Charles F. Smith to one Donia Kosiner, I have also seen this listed as Kasimeas by other researchers. I have had no luck in tracing this elusive Donia either.

In 1900 Grandfather is listed on the census in the household of his parents with no wife appearing there. On his Death Certificate it lists that he is widowed and divorced. I have no clue which wife divorced him and which one died.

His parents passed away and the last census entry I find for Charles is 1910 where he is living on the Farm by himself.

I thought that perhaps I could trace his son James A. Smith but again, I am running into finding nothing on him. I was hoping to turn up a death certificate that might give the maiden name of his mother, but no such luck thus far.

This family is a puzzle to say the least. My Great Grandmother is their daughter Dorthula Dalue Smith that married my Great Grandfather William Franklin Eads Jr.

Any information on this family would be very much appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions