Search for content in message boards

Divinity (aka Vinity) Snead of Georgia/Alabama

Replies: 6

Re: Divinity (aka Vinity) Snead of Georgia/Alabama

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Snead Sneed Brumbelow
Hi, I am Divinity's great, great, grand daughter. My name is Darlene Kunis. I have been tracing this line for years. I have came to the conclusion that she was never married ever but she did have six children total and I found that out by the help of others. I believe the reason she never married was because she had children with her half-nephew from her older, half-sister Nancy (Snead) Brumbelow. I believe the father to be Joseph Solomon Brumbelow. He was also known as "Joel" like his father Joel Brumbelow. Although he later married to someone else, he still continued to have children with his half-aunt. This is my theory on it but I feel it is exactly right. A couple of the children had said their father was "Joel Brumbelow." I know when Divinity died, all the kids were given away at the funeral on the spot to different families by the father. He probably could not tell his wife about having children with his half-aunt too. Such crazy stuff and the children really suffered from their actions. My great grandmother went by Sneed before she married James William Honeycutt. I do believe her father to be the same father as the others especially because her younger brother (William A. Sneed) on the 1880 census had his last name changed to Brumbelow. It was listed on a death certificate in a county just North of Morgan County. The person who knew him has his parents as Joel Brumbeloe and Vennett Snead. I am going by memory and not my notes. Obviously, William told someone about who his parents were. Vennett was pretty much meant to be "Vinity" which came from Divinity. She also went by Vinita on one of the census in Morgan County, AL. I need to look at my notes. My tree is called Miller. My email is: Dkunis2116@gmail.com. Divinity was told to be buried in Pisgah Cemetary near Flint close to Decatur and Hartselle, Alabama by her nephew (Erbie Thompson.) I called him back around 1995 when I first started doing genealogy work. He told me that part on the telephone from Oklahoma to Alabama. I contacted the family of Sinia Alice (Brumbelow) Vest. I talked to Debra Darlene (Vest) Wade. She was the Vest family historian back then. I hope I helped some. Good luck!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
snead46 5 Sep 2005 1:38AM GMT 
LiMcCammon 28 Jul 2010 5:57PM GMT 
snead46 28 Jul 2010 7:34PM GMT 
LiMcCammon 28 Jul 2010 7:51PM GMT 
Cindy Tome 6 Jul 2011 2:12PM GMT 
Ln7507 25 Oct 2011 1:36AM GMT 
Dkunis21161 17 Nov 2011 7:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions