I'm hoping to find some information on my grandmothers family, which I know, well.. nothing about. Her name was Lena Wood Sneed and as far as I know, she was from the Charlottesville area.
The only hopefully relevent info I have on her is...
1) She divorced Louis Charles Dannenbrink in 1943 (lived in Virginia at this time. They had one child, a son named Allan.
2) She later married Norman Griggs. They lived in Ashland Virgina during the 60's and Millers Tavern/Tappahannock Virgina until her death in 79.
3) I have no idea of her age. She never discussed it and had her birthdate omitted from her gravestone to continue the mystery.
4) She changed her name (I do not know if it was done legally or not) to Constance (went by Connie)
5) She had 1 sibling that I know of, a sister she referred to only as "Weedy" (possibly Louise?)
Since her home was burned to the ground on the day of her funeral (still another mystery in a family that seems to thrive on them) I have NOTHING more to go on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now, my family tree is little more than a gangly twig.