Search for content in message boards

Line of George Daniel Snyder Nicholas SNYDER- father of Jacob B. SNYDER.

Replies: 4

Line of George Daniel Snyder Nicholas SNYDER- father of Jacob B. SNYDER.

Posted: 29 May 2003 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Snyder Reichard Heisler Acker Anderson Williams
We have it that Jacob B. (Bortner?) SNYDER m Elizabeth E. RESSLER -- known children Joel Snyder, Jonathan R., David, John B., Simon, Mary Elizabeth, Ester and David (twins?) Jacob SNYDER b 22 NO 1780 Berks Co. PA, d 7 Dec 1883 Mercer Co., PA (certificates on hand). was son of Nicholas Snyder. Elizabeth R. RESSLER was b abt 1794 d abt 1867. This is basically proved and is in conflict with information that he, Johann Jacob Bordner (Schneider) SNYDER, was married to Madgelena Miller Erdman. That descendancy list varies also. Is there a large mistake here originating from the text of <Genealogical and Bibliographical Annals of History of Northumberland County pg 777, Pennsylvania>?

Very reliable information from a cousin comes by way of letter from an attorney cousin that goes like this. This was connected to a DAR membership. He states-- My information, derived from my late dear mother, Mary Elizabeth Snyder Moyer, is that her father Jacob Snyder, whom I knew very well, having resided near him from about 1857 till he went to Kentucky in 1867 or 1868, was one of the sons of Nicholas Snyder, who at and before the Revolutionary period, resided in Lower Mahanoy Township, Northumberland County, where he was a member of Captain Coppenhaver (sometimes spelled Koppenhaver) Company of Pennsylvania Revolutionary Rangers, and was with General Washington's army at Valley Forge, an at the battle of Brandywine. Many times did my mother in tears relate the hardships her grandfather Nicholas ......... after the war was over when her grandfather lived in Lower Mahanoy Township....Jacob Snyder married <from> Lower Mahanoy Township, Northumberland. I do not know her maiden name, though I knew her well, having resided near and visited her home very often, in Delaware Township, Mercer County, Pa., where she resided with her husband and raised their family. She died in 1866 or 1867, and lies buried in Delaware Cemetery near her former home, where several of her sons and her daughter, my mother, also are at rest. I was at her funeral ... There is more but I will now write it here.

It seems to me that a problem exists with the date of birth of the Jacob in question and the naming of the wife.

Can you shed any light on this.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
geanderson 29 May 2003 8:31PM GMT 
ccrane5605 31 Jul 2010 4:19AM GMT 
VickyTaggart 1 Aug 2010 8:52PM GMT 
myerslg 2 Aug 2010 12:00PM GMT 
myerslg 3 Aug 2010 10:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic