Search for content in message boards

Sowell birth & marriage history from NC, AL, FL, TX

Replies: 10

Sowell birth & marriage history from NC, AL, FL, TX

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Descendants of Thomas Sowell
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS SOWELL was born Abt. 1597, and died Abt. 1649.
Child of THOMAS SOWELL is:
2. i. THOMAS SOWELL, b. Abt. 1630.
Generation No. 2
2. THOMAS SOWELL (THOMAS) was born Abt. 1630. He married SARAH.
Children of THOMAS SOWELL and SARAH are:
3. i. CHARLES SOWELL, d. Abt. 1738.
ii. QUIMBY SOWELL.
iii. THOMAS SOWELL, b. Abt. 1650; m. MARY HANSFORD.
iv. JOHN SOWELL, b. Abt. 1656.
Generation No. 3
3. CHARLES SOWELL (THOMAS, THOMAS) died Abt. 1738. He married MARTHA WESSON.
Notes for CHARLES SOWELL: Will Probated in Bertie County. Nov 25, 1738. Feb Court, 1738. Sons: Richard (land on Bear Swamp), Thomas (plantation "where Adam Harrell now dwells), Lewis (land on horse swamp, Charles ("my manner plantation"). Daughters: Elizabeth, Hannah, Mary and Sarah Sowell. Wife and executrix: Martha. Executor: Benjamin Wynns. Witnesses. Ebanazar Slason, Thomas Sowell, Richard Holmen, Eliza Harrell, Jno. Wynns. Clerk of the Court: Jno. Wynns. CHARLES SOWELL: November 25, 1738, Will Probated in Court/Bertie Co.,
Children of CHARLES SOWELL and MARTHA WESSON are:
4. i. RICHARD R. SOWELL, SR., b. Abt. 1654, Isle of Wight Co., Va.; d. Aft. 1727, Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C.
ii. THOMAS SOWELL.
iii. LEWIS SOWELL.
iv. CHARLES SOWELL, JR..
v. ELIZABETH SOWELL.
vi. HANNAH SOWELL.
vii. MARY SOWELL.
viii. SARAH SOWELL.
Generation No. 4
4. RICHARD R. SOWELL, SR. (CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1654 in Isle of Wight Co., Va., and died Aft. 1727 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C.. He married MARGARET WILLIAMS 1690 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C., daughter of LOUIS WILLIAMS and MARY WALBURTON. She was born 1680 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C., and died 1727.
Children of RICHARD SOWELL and MARGARET WILLIAMS are:
5. i. RICHARD R. SOWELL,JR., b. 1695, Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C.; d. 1786.
ii. CHARLES SOWELL, d. Abt. 1738; m. ELIZABETH.
Generation No. 5
5. RICHARD R. SOWELL, JR. (RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1695 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C., and died 1786. He married MARTHA. RICHARD R. SOWELL, JR.: Bertie COUNTY NC Wills Richard Sowell - 1751; File contributed for use in US GenWeb Archives by ThelmaWaters@aol.com
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/bertie.htm
RICHARD SOWELL - Secretary of State Original Wills NC 1663-1789, Box 23,
Richard Sowell 1751 (Bertie Co.)
In the name of God amen I Richard Sowell of Bertie County in the province of North Carolina being in sound and perfect mind my thanks be to almighty god for the same calling to mind the frailty and mortality of mankind and that is is appointed for all men once to die I do hereby make constitue ordain and appoint this and my last Will and Testament first my soul I recommend into the hands of All mighty God that gave it hopeing through the merits of my Blessed Redeemer to receive a joyful Resurrection at the last day my body to be buried in christian like manner and as Touching Such Worldty Estate as it hath pleased Allmighty God to bestow on me in this world I dispose of in manner and form following.
First I give and bequeath unto my grandchildren a cow calf each being four to them and their Ears or asigns forever.
Second I give and bequeath unto my son Richard Sowell a young horse to him and his hers forever.
Third I give and bequeath unto my son Aaron Sowell my manor Plantation wherein I now dwell and land to be belonging to him and his hers forever his mothers life or widow excepted.
Fourth I give and bequeath unto my loving wife Martha my Plantation and house where I now dwell with all what is there unto belonging and all my stock of creatures and houseal goods during her life or widowhood and after all my moveable estate to be equally divided among all my children.
Lastly I constitute ordain and appoint John Sowell and Obediah Sowell to be my whole Executors to this my last Will and Testament uterly renouncing and making void all other Will or Wills by me formerly made ratifying and confirming this and no other to be my last will and testament.
In witness whereof I have here unto set my hand and affixed my seal this 5th Day of July one Thousand Seven Hundred and fifty one. Signed Sealed published and acknowledged in presence of us. His signature Richard (R S) (his hand) Sowell Witnessed Eleaser Quimby Aaron Oliver and William (W)(his mark) Bennet
Spelling and Capitalization and wording his as well as I could make out.
Children of RICHARD SOWELL and MARTHA are:
6. i. JOHN DARLING SOWELL, SR., b. 1715, Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C.; d. March 28, 1750, Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C..
ii. RICHARD R. SOWELL III, b. 1716; d. July 05, 1751; m. MARTHA OLIVER.
7. iii. OBEDIAH SOWELL, SR., b. 1717; d. 1802, Bertie, N.C..
iv. AARON SOWELL.
v. THOMAS SOWELL.
Generation No. 6
6. JOHN DARLING SOWELL, SR. (RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1715 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C., and died March 28, 1750 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C. He married ANN WORLEY Bef. 1737. She was born 1717 in Chowan, Bertie Co., N.C..
Notes for JOHN DARLING SOWELL, SR.: Will dated March 28, 1750. February Court, 1755. Sons: John (land), James (one negro), Francis. Daughters: Mary, Elizabeth, Feriby, Ann. Wife and Executrix: Ann. Executor: James Jones. Filed in Bertie County.
Children of JOHN SOWELL and ANN WORLEY are:
8. i. JOHN SOWELL, JR., b. 1755, Bertie, N.C.; d. May 10, 1863, Bertie, N.C..
9. ii. JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM SOWELL, b. 1741, Bertie, N.C.; d. Bef. 1807, Kershaw Co., S.C..
10. iii. FRANCIS SOWELL, b. 1743, Bertie Co., N.C.; d. 1796.
iv. MARY SOWELL, b. 1745, Bertie Co., N.C..
v. ELIZABETH SOWELL, b. 1747, Bertie Co., N.C..
vi. FERIBY SOWELL, b. 1749; m. ??? JERNIGAN.
vii. ANNE SOWELL, b. 1751, Bertie Co., N.C.
viii. SARAH SOWELL, m. ??? REASONS.
7. OBEDIAH SOWELL, SR. (RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1717, and died 1802 in Bertie, N.C.. He married MARY RAYNOR .
Notes for OBEDIAH SOWELL, SR.: Bertie COUNTY NC Wills Obediah Sowell - 1803. File contributed for use in US GenWeb Archives by ThelmaWaters@aol.com
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nc/bertie.htm
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/nc/bertie/wills/sowell2...
Bertie County Original Wills, N. C. 1749-1897 CR 010.801.6 Obediah Sowell 1803
Obediah Sowells Last Will and Testament In the name of God Amen November the Twenty Second one Thousand Eight Hundred and Three I Obediah Sowell am weak in Body and Health. But sound in mind and memory Blessed be God and do make and ordain this my Last and Testament -----------
First of all I recommend my sole in the Hand of Almighty God to deal as he sees fit. My Body to the dust of the Earth to be Buried in a Christian Like manner by the care of my Executors------
Itam -I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Mary Daniel Five Shillings Sterling After her mothers death to her the said Mary Daniel Her Heirs and Forever ---------
Itam I give and bequeath unto my son Obediah Sowell Five shillings sterling after his mothers death to him his Heirs and forever ---------
Itam I give and bequeath unto my son Ezekiel Sowell Fifty acres of land wheron he now lives to him the said Ezekiel to him and his forever. Itam I give and bequeth unto my daughter Sarah Cowand five shillings sterling after her mothers death to her and forever.
Itam I give and bequeath unto my daughter Nancy Sowell one fether bed and furniture to her the said Nancy and forever.
Itam I give and bequeath unto my daughter Winifred Sowell one fether bed and furniture to her the sd Winifred and forever. Itam I give and bequeth unto my two younger sons John Sowell and Isaac Sixty acres of land where I now live after the death of their mother to be equally divided not interrupting their mother during her natural life
I leave my young horse to be sold to pay my just debts and Funeral Charges. I likewise leave all my Lands Household! s goods and chattles to my Dearly beloved Wife Ann Sowell during her widowhood and after her dec'd to be equaly divided between my three younger children John Sowell Winifred Sowell and Isaac Sowell
Last of all I appoint and ordain my son Ezekiel Sowell and my Wife Ann Sowell Executors of this my Last will and testament which I do this day confirm this and no other of older date to but this an no other to be my Last will and testament signed sealed Pronounced and Delivered to be my last will and testament. As witness my hand and seal this day and year above written.
Obediah (O) (His Mark) Sowell Seal
In presents of us who is at the sealing thereof Abs m
Pritchard John S lawson (X)
Children of OBEDIAH SOWELL and MARY RAYNOR are:
11. i. ISSAC SOWELL, b. Abt. 1741.
ii. MARY SOWELL.
12. iii. OBEDIAH SOWELL, JR.
iv. EZEKIEL SOWELL.
v. SARAH SOWELL.
vi. NANCY SOWELL.
vii. JOHN SOWELL.
viii. WINEFRED SOWELL.
Generation No. 7
8. JOHN SOWELL, JR. (JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1755 in Bertie, N.C., and died May 10, 1863 in Bertie, N.C.. He married MARY NEWTON Abt. 1780. All of John Sowell's children moved to Texas.
Note: Will of Obadiah Sowell dated November 22, 1803. From the Sowell Family (Audrey Rapp): "When the War of the Revolution broke out, John Sowell then a young man, and the great-grandfather of the present generation in Texas, was living in North Carolina. He had five sons: Newton, Shadrach, Lewis, John and William.
At one time during the war, he was caught and severely beaten by the Tories and left for dead in the public road, and picked up by a market man and carried home and restored. His sons removed from North Carolina and settled in Tennessee; and some of them soon after joined General Harrison's army and were in the Battle of Tippacanoe. They also served in the Blackhaw War, and were in the Battle of Macanaw Island, in which Lewis was killed. They served under Jackson in the war with the Creek Indians, and were in the Horseshoe Bend. They were all stout, athletic men except John, the father of Andrew, the subject of this sketch.
When the War of 1812 broke out, all four of the Sowell brothers joined Jackson's army, and were in the Battle of New Orleans. Arms were hard to procure, especially rifles. One company was in need of thirty and John Sowell being a gunsmith, was taken from the ranks to make them, which he did, and they rendered good service at New Orleans.
BIRTH: John sold land in 1757 that he inherited from his father on Loosing Swamp, moving to Montgomery County, NC which was separated from Anson County in 1779. He is listed on Montgomery County Tax rolls in 1788. (NC Genealogy, 1971 #63, p. 2670.)
According to Mrs. W. I. Blake, his great-great granddaughter, he died before 1810 when his sons moved to Tennessee. One of these sons was John Newton Sowell, Sr.
Nancy Taylor, genealogist. Nancy reports that there was a John in Orange County in the 1760's.
Abstracts of Wills, Bertie County 1722-1774 (201) John Sowell, 28 Mar 1750 Proved February Court 1755:
"..being very sick and weak in body.. Son John Sowell all my land and plantation where I now live, also cow, calf, buckaneer gun, and also leave him a legacy of ten pounds, ten shillings left him by his grandfather Richard Sowell, to be paid to him when he comes of age. Son James Sowell, Negro Robert, steel trap, cow, calf, cooper's tools, etc., to be delivered to him when comes of age. Son Francis Sowell, 12 pounds, sows, pigs, shoemaker's tools, etc., to be delivered to him when he is of age. Wife (unnamed) best bed and furniture, also a mare. Rest of estate to be divided between my wife, Ann Sowell, and my four daughters Mary, Elisabeth, Ferify and Ann, my daughters to have their portion when they are 16. Ex., wife, friend, James Jones. Wit: Adham (A) Harrill, John Freeman, Paul Bunch"
Notes for MARY NEWTON: Related to the Champes of Virginia.
Children of JOHN SOWELL and MARY NEWTON are:
i. JOHN NEWTON SOWELL, b. 1780, Rutherford, NC.
ii. SARAH SOWELL, b. 1782, Moore, NC.
iii. MARY SOWELL, b. 1787, Moore, NC.
iv. LEWIS SOWELL, b. 1790, NC.
v. NEWTON SOWELL, b. 1791, NC.
vi. WILLIAM SOWELL, b. 1792, NC. Note: from Audrey Rapp, Salt Lake City. William was a stout athletic man who served with his brothers in the Blackhaw War and in the battle of Macnaw Island. He served under Jackson in the War with the Creek Indians and was in the Horseshoe Bend. Military: 1812, War Of 1812
vii. SHADRACH SOWELL, b. 1802, NC.
9. JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM SOWELL (JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1741 in Bertie, N.C., and died Bef. 1807 in Kershaw Co., S.C. He married SARAH BAKER 1772. She was born 1743 in Bertie, N.C.
Children of JAMES SOWELL and SARAH BAKER are:
i. SARAH SOWELL, b. 1772; m. SOLOMON ASBELL.
13. ii. LEVI "LEVY" SOWELL, b. 1774, Bertie, N.C.; d. Dec 03, 1851, Mt. Pisgah, Kershaw Co., S.C..
14. iii. JOHN SOWELL,JR., b. 1776, Bertie, N.C.; d. Dec 03, 1851, Kershaw Co., S.C..
iv. WORLEY SOWELL, b. 1778, Bertie Co., N.C.; d. 1839; m. PENELOPE.
v. JAMES SOWELL II, b. 1780; d. 1849, Monroe Co., AL; m. (1) MILLIE m. (2) NANCY COLEMAN; m. (3) ANN.
vi. SUSAN SOWELL, b. 1782; m. THEOPHILUSS PEARCE.
10. FRANCIS SOWELL (JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1743 in Bertie Co., N.C., and died 1796. He married TAMER BLAZEMORE, daughter of JOHN BLAZEMORE.
Children of FRANCIS SOWELL and TAMER BLAZEMORE are:
i. JOHN SOWELL, b. 1769.
ii. WILLIAM SOWELL, b. 1771.
iii. JOSIAH SOWELL, b. 1773; d. 1815.
iv. JAMES SOWELL, b. 1775.
v. WORLEY SOWELL, b. 1777.
11. ISSAC SOWELL (OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1741. He married MARY QUIMBY.
Children of ISSAC SOWELL and MARY QUIMBY are:
15. i. JOHN SEWELL, b. Abt. 1762; d. Abt. 1825.
ii. MARGARET SEWELL, b. Abt. 1764; m. THOMAS RITTER.
iii. DEMPSEY SEWELL, b. Abt. 1766.
iv. WINNIFORD SEWELL, b. Abt. 1772; m. JAMES SMITH.
16. v. WILLIAM ABIHUE SEWELL, b. Abt. 1776; d. Abt. 1855.
vi. ASA SEWELL, b. 1779; d. 1840; m. (1) KATIE; m. (2) POLLY PHILLIPS; b. Abt. 1790; d. Abt. 1871.
17. vii. ANNIE SEWELL, b. Abt. 1780; d. Abt. 1843.
18. viii. JESSE SEWELL, b. Abt. 1783; d. Abt. 1860.
12. OBEDIAH SOWELL,JR. (OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS)
Child of OBEDIAH SOWELL,JR. is:
i. OBEDIAH SOWELL III.
Generation No. 8
13. LEVI "LEVY" SOWELL (JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1774 in Bertie, N.C., and died December 03, 1851 in Mt. Pisgah, Kershaw Co., S.C.. He married GILLIE ANN KING Abt. 1798 in Mt. Pisgah, Kershaw Co., S.C., daughter of GEORGE KING and WINIFRED HILL. She was born 1781 in Chesterfield Dist., S.C/, and died September 16, 1860 in Kershaw Co., S.C.
Children of LEVI SOWELL and GILLIE KING are:
19. i. LEWIS LITTLETON SOWELL, b. Jan 27, 1799, South Carolina; d. Jan 04, 1877, Santa Rosa Co., FL.
ii. KING SOWELL, b. Sep 17, 1800; d. 1867, Kershaw Co., S.C.; m. JANE "JENNIE" MARSH, 1825.
iii. MARGARET M. SOWELL, b. July 26, 1802, Kershaw Co., S.C.; d. 1860; m. MICHAEL DEBRUHL, 1822.
20. iv. GEORGE W. SOWELL, b. Apr 08, 1804, Kershaw Dist., SC.
v. ELIZABETH SOWELL, b. Mar 09, 1806, Kershaw Co., S.C..
vi. WILLIAM SOWELL, b. Apr 08, 1808, Kershaw Co., S.C.; d. July 12, 1871; m. (1) CHARITY CLYBURN; m. (2) MARY HILTON, Oct 21, 1830.
21. vii. GILLIAM SOWELL, b. July 29, 1811, Kershaw Co., S.C..
viii. RUFUS LEVI SOWELL, b. 1814; d. 1889; m. ANN EDGEWORTH.
ix. BIDDY ANN SOWELL, b. Sep 15, 1816, Kershaw Co., S.C.; d. August 26, 1894; m. ED DUBRUHL, Oct 17, 1833.
x. JAMES RUSSELL SOWELL, b. Nov 09, 1818, Kershaw Co., S.C.; d. 1884; m.(1) ELIZA J. BLACKWELL; b. 1824; d. 1896; m. (2) MARTHA BLACKWELL, 1849; d. 1849.
22. xi. JOHN NELSON SOWELL, b. Dec 22, 1822, Kershaw Co., S.C.; d. Jan 11, 1906, Lancaster Co., S.C.
14. JOHN SOWELL, JR. (JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1776 in Bertie, N.C., and died Dec 03, 1851 in Kershaw Co., S.C. He married ANN (NANCY) GALLOWAY Bef. 1799 in Bertie, N.C. JOHN SOWELL, JR.: Will in Deed Book C., page 110
Children of JOHN SOWELL and ANN GALLOWAY are:
i. REBECCA SOWELL, m. FRANCIS D. (FRANK) TRAWICK, Aft. 1832.
23. ii. WILLIAM SOWELL, b. Abt. 1816, Kershaw Co, SC; d. Abt. 1885, Henry Co, AL.
iii. SARAH SOWELL, b. 1805, North Carolina; m. CURTIS BIZZELL, September 13, 1835.
24. iv. RANSOM C. SOWELL, b. April 13, 1808, South Carolina; d. 1882.
v. MARY POLLY SOWELL, b. 1812, Kershaw Co., S.C.; d. Jul 05, 1903, Henry Co, AL; m. JOEL TYSON MCCLENDON, June 12, 1828, Abbeyville, AL. MARY POLLY SOWELL: Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Abbeyville, AL. JOEL TYSON MCCLENDON: Military: War of 1812
vi. ELIZA SOWELL, b. Abt. 1815; d. 1837; m. GEORGE WASHINGTON WILLIAMS, January 28, 1841.
25. vii. JAMES J. SOWELL, b. 1820, South Carolina.
26. viii. JOHN SOWELL, b. 1823, South Carolina.
15. JOHN SEWELL (ISSAC SOWELL, OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1762, and died Abt. 1825. He married ELIZABETH CARPENTER.
Children of JOHN SEWELL and ELIZABETH CARPENTER are:
i. ISHAM SEWELL.
ii. JOHN SEWELL, JR.
16. WILLIAM ABIHUE SEWELL (ISSAC SOWELL, OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1776, and died Abt. 1855. He married (1) SARAH MUSE. He married (2) SARA COX. He married (3) MARTHA POWELL. She was born Abt. 1800, and died Abt. 1870.
Children of WILLIAM SEWELL and SARAH MUSE are:
i. SARA SEWELL.
27. ii. ISAAC QUIMBY SEWELL, b. 1810; d. 1871.
iii. REBECCA SEWELL, b. Abt. 1801; d. Abt. 1865; m. ISAAC SOWELL; b. Abt. 1789; d. 1849.
iv. MARGARET SEWELL.
Children of WILLIAM SEWELL and MARTHA POWELL are:
28. v. HENRY SEWELL, b. 1817; d. 1865.
vi. LEATHE SEWELL, b. 1821.
vii. MARY SEWELL, b. 1823.
viii. JOHN SEWELL, b. 1824.
ix. JONAS SEWELL, b. 1831.
x. JESSEY SEWELL, b. 1833.
xi. DELIAH SEWELL, b. 1835.
xii. ELIZABETH SEWELL, b. 1836.
xiii. MARTHA SEWELL, b. 1838.
xiv. ANA SEWELL, b. 1842.
xv. AMOS SEWELL, b. 1843.
xvi. JOSEPH BLOODWORTH SEWELL, b. 1845.
17. ANNIE SEWELL (ISSAC SOWELL, OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1780, and died Abt. 1843. She married WILLIAM BARRETT.
Children of ANNIE SEWELL and WILLIAM BARRETT are:
i. SALLIE BARRETT.
ii. WILLIAM H. BARRETT.
iii. SAMUEL BARRETT.
18. JESSE SEWELL (ISSAC SOWELL, OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1783, and died Abt. 1860. He married NANCY RITTER.
Children of JESSE SEWELL and NANCY RITTER are:
i. ELEAZER QUIMBY SEAWELL, b. Abt. 1808.
ii. NANCY SEAWELL.
iii. SUSIE SEAWELL.
iv. ANNIE SEAWELL, m. WILLIAM DUNCAN.
v. JESSE GASTON SEAWELL.
vi. ELI RITTER SEAWELL.
vii. AARON ASHLEY FLOWERS SEAWELL.
viii. JOSHUA LEE SEAWELL.
Generation No. 9
19. LEWIS LITTLETON SOWELL (LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Jan 27, 1799 in SC, and died Jan 04, 1877 in Santa Rosa Co., FL. He married (1) ELIZABETH TRAWICK Abt. 1825 in South Carolina. She was born Feb 28, 1804 in Darlington Co., and died in Covington Co., AL. He married (2) MARY NICHOLS Bef. 1864. She was born 1833, and died 1905. He married (3) ELIZA J. BLACKWELL Aft. 1873.
Children of LEWIS SOWELL and ELIZABETH TRAWICK are:
29. i. GEORGE N. SOWELL, b. Feb 01, 1825, Henry Co, AL; d. Bef. 1880, Pensacola, Escambia Co, FL.
ii. HUBERT L. SOWELL, b. December 1826, South Carolina; d. Unk.
30. iii. DARLING B. SOWELL, b. Nov 17, 1827, Alabama; d. July 02, 1896, Henry/Dale, Ala.
iv. BIDDY ANN C. SOWELL, b. July 26, 1830, Alabama.
v. EDWARD G. SOWELL, b. Mar 15, 1832, Alabama.
vi. LEVI ELLIS B. SOWELL, b. Feb 12, 1834, Alabama.
vii. JAMES W. SOWELL, b. Dec 20, 1835, Alabama.
viii. ELIZEBETH ANN EPP SOWELL, b. Feb 01, 1839, Alabama.
ix. GILLIAM D. W.L. SOWELL, b. Dec 05, 1840, Alabama.
x. MARY ANN EVALINE SOWELL, b. Dec 03, 1842.
xi. MARGARET ANN EFFET SOWELL, b. Mar 23, 1845, Alabama.
xii. WILLIAM H.J.W. SOWELL, b. Feb 09, 1847, Alabama.
Children of LEWIS SOWELL and MARY NICHOLS are:
xiii. NANCY SUMANTHA SOWELL, b. May 25, 1864.
xiv. KING SOWELL, b. May 16, 1866, Covington Co., AL.
xv. JOSEPH WARREN SOWELL, b. May 16, 1869, Santa Rosa Co., FL.
xvi. GILLY ANN QUEENSBETH SOWELL, b. Jan 24, 1871, Milton, FL.
xvii. WILLIAM HENRY SOWELL, b. Oct 15, 1872, Brewton, AL.
20. GEORGE W. SOWELL (LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born April 08, 1804 in Kershaw Dist., South Carolina. He married ELEANOR TRAWICK 1822, daughter of GEORGE TRAWICK and TABITHA. She was born February 02, 1808 in Darlington Co., South Carolina.
Children of GEORGE SOWELL and ELEANOR TRAWICK are:
i. ROBERT G. SOWELL, b. March 30, 1831, South Carolina; d. Sep 18, 1909.
ii. MARIAH A. SOWELL, b. 1834, Alabama.
iii. MARGARET A. SOWELL, b. 1835, Alabama.
iv. SYNTHA SOWELL, b. 1836.
v. MARY A. SOWELL, b. 1839.
vi. WINIFRED A. SOWELL, b. 1840.
vii. JOHN D. SOWELL, b. 1842.
viii. ELIZA A. SOWELL, b. 1845.
ix. ELEANOR QUEEN ANN SOWELL, b. 1847, Henry Co., AL.
x. ELIZABETH A. SOWELL, b. 1849.
xi. GEORGE F SOWELL, b. 1850.
xii. JAMES SOWELL, b. 1851.
xiii. WILLIAM K SOWELL, b. 1853.
xiv. MARGARET A.R. SOWELL, b. 1854.
xv. GILLY A SOWELL, b. 1856.
21. GILLIAM SOWELL (LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born July 29, 1811 in Kershaw Co., S.C. He married (1) ELIZABETH BREWER Bef. 1838. He married (2) FLORA MURCHAISON Abt. 1839. She was born 1822, and died 1898.
Children of GILLIAM SOWELL and FLORA MURCHAISON are:
i. G.A. SOWELL.
ii. B.A. SOWELL.
iii. G.R. SOWELL.
iv. JAMES M. SOWELL, b. 1848.
31. v. BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN" SOWELL, SR., b. March 18, 1850, Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C.; d. 1895, Bowie Co., TX.
vi. KATHERINE SOWELL.
vii. SARAH SOWELL.
viii. ISABELLA SOWELL.
ix. JOHN P. SOWELL.
x. GILLIAM A. SOWELL.
22. JOHN NELSON SOWELL (LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Dec 22, 1822 in Kershaw Co., S.C., and died Jan 11, 1906 in Lancaster Co., S.C.. He married ELIZABETH CLYBURN 1892.
Child of JOHN SOWELL and ELIZABETH CLYBURN is:
i. JOHN NELSON SOWELL, JR., b. 1849; d. 1924.
23. WILLIAM SOWELL (JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Abt. 1816 in Kershaw Co, SC, and died Abt. 1885 in Henry Co, AL. He married MARTHA A. She was born Abt. 1823 in Georgia, and died Aft. 1885 in Alabama.
Notes for WILLIAM SOWELL: Migration trail from North Carolina to Alabama (possibly Henry County), then Florida
SOURCE: 1850 Census Henry Co, AL; 1860/1870 Census, Washington Co, FL
More About WILLIAM SOWELL: Occupation: Farmer
Children of WILLIAM SOWELL and MARTHA A. are:
32. i. WORLEY SOWELL, b. Oct 1842, Alabama; d. 1928, Chipley, Washington Co., Fl/Okie Ridge.
33. ii. JESSE CALVIN SOWELL, b. May 1844, Henry Co, AL; d. Jan 26, 1924, West Bay, Washington Co., FL.
iii. RANSOM T. SOWELL, b. Abt. 1846, Alabama; d. Bef. 1880; m. MARY DEW, Abt. 1871.
34. iv. JOHN SOWELL, b. July 10, 1849, Alabama; d. Sep 09, 1924, Washington Co., FL.
35. v. JAMES H. SOWELL, b. Jan 09, 1852, Henry Co., AL; d. April 08, 1906, Washington Co., FL.
vi. MARY SOWELL, b. Abt. 1853, Washington Co., FL; m. WILLIAM ROBERT PEEL, Mar 05, 1882, Washington Co., FL; b. Oct 23, 1857. Marriage of MARY SOWELL and WILLIAM PEEL: Marriage records AA-37, B-180
vii. AMANDA SOWELL, b. June 17, 1859, Washington Co., FL; d. Jan 1884, Washington Co., FL; m. THOMAS BOWIN NELSON, Feb 21, 1884, Washington Co., FL; b. Dec 24, 1864; d. Jan 20, 1941. AMANDA SOWELL: Burial: Peel Cemetery. SOURCE: Marriage Records - B-256
36. viii. GEORGE W. SOWELL, b. Nov 22, 1862, Washington Co., FL; d. Sep 30, 1934, Chipley, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge
24. RANSOM C. SOWELL (JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born April 13, 1808 in South Carolina, and died 1882. He married MARTHA C. BULLOCK. She was born 1825, and died 1889.
Children of RANSOM SOWELL and MARTHA BULLOCK are:
i. NANCY M. SOWELL, b. 1842; m. ELBERT M. WEEKS.
ii. ELIZA SUSAN SOWELL, b. 1844; m. DANIEL BEASLEY.
iii. JOHN JACKSON SOWELL, b. 1846; m. ANNA LAUIE NEWTON.
37. iv. DAVID BULLOCK SOWELL, b. 1848.
v. WILLIAM TARRINGTON SOWELL, b. 1850; m. SUSAN COOK.
vi. SARAH SOWELL, b. 1852; m. JOHN T. BURNS.
vii. MARY REBECCA SOWELL, b. Abt. 1854; m. MADISON K. STEPTOE.
38. viii. RANSOM TOBE SOWELL, JR., b. Nov 10, 1857, San Augustine Co, TX; d. Jul 03, 1931, San Augustine Co, TX.
ix. MARTHA DELL SOWELL, b. 1862; d. 1944; m. ADAM WILLIAMS.
x. JAMES ELBERT SOWELL, b. 1865; d. 1935.
25. JAMES J.> SOWELL (JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1820 in South Carolina. He married ELIZABETH PORTER/BUTLER. She was born June 08, 1820 in SC.
Children of JAMES SOWELL and ELIZABETH PORTER/BUTLER are:
i. MARGARET E. SOWELL, b. 1841, Alabama.
ii. N.A. SOWELL, b. 1843, Alabama.
iii. ACHSAH SOWELL, b. 1845, Alabama.
iv. J.W. SOWELL, b. 1847.
v. JOHN W. SOWELL, b. 1847.
26. JOHN SOWELL (JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1823 in South Carolina. He married SUSAN SUNGSTER Mar 27, 1842. She was born 1828 in South Carolina.
Children of JOHN SOWELL and SUSAN SUNGSTER are:
i. MARTHA SOWELL, b. 1844, Alabama.
ii. TAYLOR SOWELL, b. 1847.
iii. THOMAS SOWELL, b. 1849.
27. ISAAC QUIMBY SEWELL (WILLIAM ABIHUE, ISSAC SOWELL, OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1810, and died 1871. He married (1) MARY ANN CATHERINE LEWIS. He married (2) LYDIA ELIZABETH LEWIS.
Children of ISAAC SEWELL and MARY LEWIS are:
i. WILLIAM JOSEPH SEWELL, b. 1830.
ii. JABETH FREEMAN SEWELL.
iii. SARAH ELIZABETH SEWELL, b. 1834; m. JAMES MILTON WALKER.
Children of ISAAC SEWELL and LYDIA LEWIS are:
iv. ISAAC QUIMBY SEWELL, JR., b. 1855; d. 1927; m. LAURA ANN MOORE.
v. BURWELL BARNES SEWELL, b. 1837; d. 1913; m. EMILY (EMMA) F. LANDERS.
vi. OCTAVIUS CAESAR AUGUSTA SEWELL, b. 1841.
vii. MARY JANE SEWELL, b. 1844, 1908.
viii. ANN CATHERINE SEWELL, b. 1847; d. 1879; m. JOHN WILLIAM WARD.
ix. LEWIS LAWHORN SEWELL, b. 1858; d. 1930; m. SARA COOPER.
28. HENRY SEWELL (WILLIAM ABIHUE, ISSAC SOWELL, OBEDIAH, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1817, and died 1865. He married MARGARET KELLY. She died 1893.
Child of HENRY SEWELL and MARGARET KELLY is:
i. JABEZ SEWELL, b. 1861; m. (1) SUSAN THOMAS HANNON; b. Abt. 1871; d. 1957; m. (2) MARJORIE CATHERINE MCKINNON; b. 1922.
Generation No. 10
29. GEORGE N. SOWELL (LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Feb 01, 1825 in Henry Co, AL, and died Bef. 1880 in Pensacola, Escambia Co, FL. He married NANCY WIGGINS June 19, 1847 in Henry Co., AL. She was born Dec 07, 1825 in Washington Co., GA.
Children of GEORGE SOWELL and NANCY WIGGINS are:
39. i. ABIJAH LEWIS SOWELL, b. June 17, 1848, Henry Co, AL.
ii. DARLING HOPEWELL SOWELL, b. Abt. 1853.
iii. MARGARET ANN SOWELL, b. Abt. 1857.
iv. NANCY RACHEL SOWELL, b. May 09, 1859, Henry Co, AL; d. Aug 05, 1929, Houston Co, AL; m. (1) WESLEY CALHOUN RHODES, Mar 05, 1885, Henry Co, AL; b. Dec 05, 1860, Henry Co, AL; d. Apr 07, 1891, Henry Co, AL; m. (2) RUSS STEWART, July 03, 1892, Henry Co., AL; b. Nov 1862, Henry Co, AL. NANCY RACHEL SOWELL: Burial: Bluff Springs Cemetery, Ashford, Houston Co, AL.
v. BIDDY ANN FRANCES SOWELL, b. Mar 03, 1860, Henry Co, AL; d. Feb 28, 1942; m. ROAN MICHAEL GRANTHAM; b. Dec 31, 1861, Clopton, Dale Co, AL.
vi. GEORGIA ANN EVALINE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1862, Henry Co, AL; m. JASPER E. GRANTHAM; b. March 28, 1860, Clopton, Dale Co, AL.
30. DARLING B. SOWELL (LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Nov 17, 1827 in Alabama, and died July 02, 1896 in Henry/Dale, Ala. He married SUSAN TRAWICK Aug 31, 1850 in Henry Co., Ala. She was born Jan 05, 1828 in Alabama, and died Nov 30, 1896 in Henry/Dale AL. DARLING B. SOWELL: Burial: July 1896, Hogan Cemetery, Dale, Alabama; SUSAN TRAWICK: Burial: Abt. Dec 1896, Hogan Cemetery, Dale, Alabama
Children of DARLING SOWELL and SUSAN TRAWICK are:
i. ELIZA JANE SOWELL, b. 1851.
ii. GILLY ANN SOWELL, b. 1854.
iii. MARY ANN E. SOWELL, b. 1855.
iv. SUSAN SOWELL, b. 1857.
v. ELIZABETH F. SOWELL, b. Aug 28, 1859, Alabama; d. Feb 24, 1890, Henry/Dale, AL. ELIZABETH F. SOWELL: Burial: Hogan Cemetery, Dale, AL<
vi. REBECCA SOWELL, b. 1861.
vii. MARGARETTE SOWELL, b. 1862.
viii. DIDIA ANN SOWELL, b. 1868.
40. ix. JOSIE SOWELL, b. May 1869, Henry County, AL; d. 1944, Sayre, Beckham, Ok.
x. EMMA SOWELL, b. March 1872, Alabama; d. Oct 30, 1919, Henry Co, AL; m. MILLARD BLANKENSHIP, Dec 18, 1891. EMMA SOWELL: Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Abbeyville, AL
xi. BETHA SOWELL, b. 1874, Alabama.
31. BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN" SOWELL, SR. (GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Mar 18, 1850 in Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C., and died 1895 in Bowie Co., TX. He married ELIZABETH LEVINIA "AUNT SIS" KENNINGTON Abt. 1878 in Lancaster Co., S.C.. She was born Nov 17, 1859 in Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C., and died March 05, 1933 in DeKalb, Bowie Co., TX.
Children of BENJAMIN SOWELL and ELIZABETH KENNINGTON are:
i. THEODOCIA "DOSHIE" SOWELL, b. Oct 1879, Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C.; d. Malta, Bowie Co., TX; m. BILL SANDERS.
ii. CORA SOWELL, b. Bef. 1883, Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C.; d. Rosebud, AR; m. LESLIE BUSH.
41. iii. JAMES RICHARD "DICK" SOWELL, b. Sep 14, 1883, Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C.; d. Nov 24, 1966, Texarkana, Bowie Co., TX.
iv. ANNIE MYRTLE SOWELL, b. Mar 11, 1887, Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C.; d. Aug 11, 1949, DeKalb, Bowie Co., TX; m. LOUIS HENRY WILLIAMS, June 16, 1903, Bowie Co., TX; b. Jan 19, 1884, St. Augustine Co., TX; d. Feb 26, 1957, Bowie Co., TX.
42. v. BENJAMIN "BEN" SOWELL, JR., b. March 23, 1890, Bowie Co., TX; d. April 24, 1938, Rosebud, AR.
43. vi. GEORGE ROBERT SOWELL, b. March 17, 1892, Bowie Co., TX; d. 1988, Conway, AR.
44. vii. AUGUSTUS PATTERSON "PAT" SOWELL, SR., b. July 22, 1894, Bowie Co., TX; d. March 16, 1965, Faulkner Co., AR.
32. WORLEY SOWELL (WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Oct 1842 in Alabama, and died 1928 in Chipley, Washington Co., Fl/Okie Ridge. He married CELIA A. PADGETT. She was born Jan 21, 1853 in Alabama, and died Dec 01, 1915 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge.
Notes for WORLEY SOWELL: SOURCE: 1850 Census Henry County, Alabama; 1860/1870 Census, Washington County, Florida; 1880/1900/1910 Census, Washington Co, Florida.
More About WORLEY SOWELL: Military: Civil War, Co.11th Regt Inf - H Fla Inf. CSA; Occupation: Farmer
Notes for CELIA A. PADGETT: On Celia's grave it says "She was a kind and affectionate wive, a fond mother and a friend to all." Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery.
Children of WORLEY SOWELL and CELIA PADGETT are:
45. i. DALLAS R. SOWELL, b. May 1874, Florida.
ii. RICHARD SOWELL, b. Abt. 1876. SOURCE: 1850 Census Henry Co, Alabama; 1860/1870 Census, Washington Co, Florida; 1880/1900/1910 Census, Washington Co, FL; 1900 Census was not listed.
iii. VIRGINIA SOWELL, b. Abt. 1877. Was listed in the 1880 Census for Washington Co, FL, but was not listed in the 1900 Census for Washington Co, FL. Listed her at 3 years old in 1880 Census. SOURCE: 1880/1900/1910 Census, Washington Co, FL.
46. iv. HENRY M. SOWELL, b. February 1878.
v. ANDREW S. SOWELL, b. Abt. 1879; Not listed in the 1900 Washington Co Census. Was he deceased. Was listed in the 1880 Censes as 1 year old. It puts his birth at about 1879. SOURCE: 1880/1900/1910 Census, Washington Co, Florida.
47. vi. ELLA SOWELL, b. May 1882.
vii. ABBY L. SOWELL, b. April 1884.
48. viii. BUNYAN W. SOWELL, b. April 19, 1886; d. Feb 22, 1960, Washington Co., FL.
49. ix. GROVER CLEVELAND SOWELL, b. July 04, 1888, Chipley, Washington Co., FL; d. Oct 26, 1936, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
x. CLAUDE T. SOWELL, b. May 10, 1899, Alabama; d. July 11, 1982, Washington Co., FL. Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery.
33. JESSE CALVIN SOWELL (WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born May 1844 in Henry Co, AL, and died Jan 26, 1924 in West Bay, Washington Co., FL. He married ELIZABETH ANN PEEL Jan 30, 1867 in Washington Co. FL. She was born Oct 12, 1852 in Alabama, and died Dec 25, 1936 in West Bay, Washington Co., FL.
Notes for JESSE CALVIN SOWELL: Source: 1870 Census, Washington Co, FL; Burial: West Bay Cemetery, West Bay, Florida; Occupation: Farmer
More About ELIZABETH ANN PEEL: Burial: West Bay Cemetery, West Bay, Florida
Children of JESSE SOWELL and ELIZABETH PEEL are:
i. ALEXANDER SOWELL, b. November 17, 1867, Washington Co., FL.
ii. WILLIAM A. SOWELL, b. 1870.
iii. JENNIE SOWELL, b. June 06, 1871; m. GEORGE PETERS, June 10, 1897, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
iv. HARRIET JOSEPHINE SOWELL, b. 1874.
v. DANIEL PERRY SOWELL, b. November 06, 1875.
vi. MARTHA CAROLINE SOWELL, b. 1880.
vii. CHRISTIAN SOWELL, b. 1881.
viii. NORA E. SOWELL, b. June 1882; m. W. C. HOLLEY, March 22, 1903, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
ix. KATIE SOWELL, b. 1884.
x. JESSE SOWELL, b. June 1886.
xi. JOHN CALVIN SOWELL, b. Oct 08, 1888; m. AGNES ADAMS, Feb 05, 1911, Washington Co., FL.
xii. GEORGE LESLIE SOWELL, b. Jan 18, 1890; m. BERTHA RICHARDSON, Apr 07, 1912, Washington Co., FL.
xiii. MAUDIE LEANDER SOWELL, b. Jan 19, 1892; m. ALLEN BUCHANAN, Jan 08, 1911, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
34. JOHN SOWELL (WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born July 10, 1849 in Alabama, and died Sep 09, 1924 in Washington Co., FL. He married FRANCES J. PEEL 1868. She was born Feb 13, 1855 in Washington Co., FL, and died Oct 19, 1930 in Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge.
Notes for JOHN SOWELL: SOURCE: 1900 Census for Caryville, Washington Co, FL; 1910 Census, Washington Co, FL; Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery; Occupation: Farmer
More About FRANCES J. PEEL: Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery.
Children of JOHN SOWELL and FRANCES PEEL are:
50. i. WHIT SOWELL, b. Jan 1873, Washington Co., FL; d. 1950, Washington Co., FL.
51. ii. GEORGE W. SOWELL, b. November 1877, Washington Co., FL.
iii. MOLLIE SOWELL, b. Sep 14, 1880, Washington Co., FL; m. FRANK SUGGS, Jan 05, 1902, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
iv. MANDA SOWELL, b. December 1884.
v. NELLIE SOWELL, b. September 1886.
vi. MACON SOWELL, b. June 1888.
vii. ANNIE SOWELL, b. December 1891.
52. viii. KINNIE SOWELL, b. September 1895.
ix. NEALIE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1897, Washington Co., FL; m. A.M. BUSH, May 15, 1920, Washington Co., FL. SOURCE: Marriage Records H-344.
35. JAMES H. SOWELL (WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Jan 09, 1852 in Henry Co., AL, and died April 08, 1906 in Washington Co., FL. He married NANCY JOSEPHINE PEEL Dec 06, 1881 in Washington Co., FL, daughter of JAMES PEEL and ANN ATKINSON. She was born Aug 15, 1862 in North Carolina, and died Nov 26, 1922 in Washington Co., FL.
Notes for JAMES H. SOWELL: This information concerning the last three infants came from the graves located near the homestead. The father and mother's graves were also next to these. The James Sowell homestead was located about 10 miles south of Chipley, Florida near the dirt road called Orange Hill. This road got the name because of the long high hill and the bright orange soil located there. The community and missionary Baptist Church are called Oaky Ridge. When this area was first settled, only a few families lived there. The Sowells intermarried with the Brocks and the Peels. There were two sets of twins in the Sowell family. There were Neata and Edmund and also Arthur, who's twin died at birth. It could be the infant whose grave was located near the father and mother. The Sowell house burned, therefore, no one really knows the exact ages of the children. Most of these ages were established from Census reports.
Source: 1900/1910 Census, Washington County, Florida.
More About JAMES H. SOWELL: Burial: Peel Cemetery; Occupation: Farmer
Notes for NANCY JOSEPHINE PEEL: 1900 Census, Washington Co, FL, lists Nancy's father (not named) born in North Carolina and her mother born in Georgia, Burial: Peel Cemetery
Marriage Notes for JAMES SOWELL and NANCY PEEL: Marriage Notes: (A-22, B-165)
Children of JAMES SOWELL and NANCY PEEL are:
53. i. JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, b. Dec 03, 1881, Washington Co., FL; d. Feb 01, 1971, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge.
ii. THOMAS SOWELL, b. Abt. 1884, Washington Co., FL.
54. iii. JAQUIE (JAKIE) SOWELL, b. Sep 22, 1885, Washington Co., FL.
iv. MELLY SOWELL, b. Jan 03, 1887, Washington Co., FL; d. 1905, Washington Co., FL. MELLY SOWELL: Burial: Peel Cemetery
55. v. MARTHA HENRIETTA SOWELL, b. Oct 16, 1888, Chipley, Washington Co., FL; d. July 08, 1959, Washington Co., FL.
vi. KATIE SOWELL, b. Mar 15, 1889, Washington Co., FL; d. Aug 01, 1969, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge Ch. Cm.; m. CLEVELAND P. DAY, Feb 02, 1929, Washington Co., FL. SOURCE: Marriage Records J-110
vii. WILLIE SOWELL, b. Oct 1892, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge; d. 1901.
56. viii. HENRY SOWELL, b. Aug 22, 1893, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge; d. May 16, 1932.
57. ix. CHARLES DAWSON "DOSS" SOWELL, b. Oct 03, 1895, Chipley, Washington Co., FL; d. May 20, 1980, Pinellas, FL.
58. x. EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE SOWELL, b. May 25, 1898, Chipley, Washington Co., FL; d. Sep 11, 1955, Donalsonville, Miller Co., Ga.
59. xi. NEATA SOWELL, b. May 25, 1898, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge; d. July 13, 1988, Crystal River, FL.
xii. EMMA LEE SOWELL, b. May 20, 1901, Orange Hill, Washington Co., FL; d. 1954, Dunedin, FL. Burial: Okie Ridge Ch. Cemetery
xiii. ARTHUR FRANKLIN SOWELL, b. July 08, 1903, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge; d. Aug 24, 1972; m. OCIE HALLMAN; b. 1906. ARTHUR FRANKLIN SOWELL fought in World War II.
xiv. T. SOWELL, b. Infant; d. Infant. Burial: Peel Cemetery
36. GEORGE W. SOWELL (WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Nov 22, 1862 in Washington Co., FL, and died Sep 30, 1934 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge. He married TILLULA "LULA" M. WALCHOB Nov 02, 1889 in Washington Co., FL. She was born Feb 04, 1869, and died Sep 19, 1936 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
Notes for GEORGE W. SOWELL: SOURCE: 1850 Census Henry Co, AL. 1860/1870 Census, Washington County, Florida; 1880/1900/1910 Census, Washington County, Florida
More About GEORGE W. SOWELL: Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery
More About TILLULA "LULA" M. WALCHOB: Burial: Okie Ridge Ch. Cemetery
Marriage Notes for GEORGE SOWELL and TILLULA WALCHOB: SOURCE: Marriage Records B-345
Children of GEORGE SOWELL and TILLULA WALCHOB are:
i. DOLLIE DIMPLE SOWELL, b. July 31, 1890; d. Jan 08, 1933, Wausau, Washington Co., FL; m. ALONZO LONNIE PARISH, Nov 06, 1907, Washington Co., FL; b. Aug 17, 1885, Sumatra, Liberty, FL; d. Aug 29, 1963, Panama City, Bay, FL. ALONZO LONNIE PARISH: Burial: Sep 03, 1963, Double Pond Cem, Wausau, Washington Co, FL.
ii. FANNIE M. SOWELL, b. April 1892; m. NATHANIEL C. BRUNER, April 11, 1909, Chipley, Washington Co., FL; b. Jan 30, 1884; d. Dec 12, 1927, Washington Co., FL.; NATHANIEL C. BRUNER: Burial: Orange Hill Cemetery
iii. NEATIE M. SOWELL, b. October 1893.
iv. MILLARD FRANK SOWELL, b. May 20, 1897, Wausau, FL; m. HELEN NORRIS.
v. NORA SOWELL, b. Abt. 1901, Washington Co., FL; m. WILEY MCADAMS, July 09, 1921, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
vi. CORA SOWELL, b. Abt. 1901, Washington Co., FL.
vii. JAMES FLETCHER (FEMMIE) SOWELL, b. Abt. 1905; m. CORA LEE GRAY, October 16, 1929, Chattahoochee, FL.
viii. FLEMING SOWELL, b. Abt. 1907, Washington Co., FL.
ix. ELIZABETH "BETTIE" SOWELL, b. Abt. 1910.
37. DAVID BULLOCK SOWELL (RANSOM C., JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1848. He married HARRIET ADALAIDE FOX.
Child of DAVID SOWELL and HARRIET FOX is:
60. i. JOHN SOWELL, b. 1876.
38. RANSOM TOBE SOWELL, JR. (RANSOM C., JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Nov 10, 1857 in San Augustine Co, TX, and died July 03, 1931 in San Augustine Co, TX. He married MARY E. WALL. She was born April 08, 1853 in LA.
Children of RANSOM SOWELL and MARY WALL are:
i. HENRY Z. SOWELL.
ii. RANSOM A. SOWELL.
iii. JAMES DAVID SOWELL.
iv. ESAU SOWELL.
v. JACOB SOWELL.
vi. MARION COLLINS SOWELL.
vii. MARTHA E. SOWELL.
viii. MARY MAY SOWELL.
ix. ELIZABETH ELVIRA SOWELL.
Generation No. 11
39. ABIJAH LEWIS SOWELL (GEORGE N., LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born June 17, 1848 in Henry Co, AL. He married PRISCILLA COBB. She was born Nov 15, 1852 in Henry Co, AL.
Children of ABIJAH SOWELL and PRISCILLA COBB are:
i. ANDREW LEWIS SOWELL, b. Dec 12, 1880, Henry Co, AL.
ii. ARNOLD H. SOWELL, b. February 24, 1883, Henry Co, AL.
iii. NANCY IDA SOWELL, b. August 02, 1886, Henry Co, AL.
iv. CHARLES MIDDLETON SOWELL, b. June 15, 1890, Henry Co, AL.
v. ARTHUR JACKSON SOWELL, b. Sep 30, 1894, Henry Co, AL; d. Jan 31, 1950, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.; Burial: Glenwood Cemetery
61. vi. ABIJAH ROYAN SOWELL, b. Feb 12, 1888, Abbeville AL; d. Nov 07, 1942, Washington Co., FL.
40. JOSIE SOWELL (DARLING B., LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born May 1869 in Henry Co, AL, and died 1944 in Sayre, Beckham, Ok. She married HENRY FRANKLIN BLANKENSHIP Aug 21, 1890 in Henry Co, AL. He was born June 1868 in Georgia, and died Abt. 1921 in Choctaw Co., Ok.; JOSIE SOWELL: Burial: 1944, Delhi, Beckham, OK
Children of JOSIE SOWELL and HENRY BLANKENSHIP are:
i. PEARLIE BLANKENSHIP, b. June 1891.
ii. IDA BLANKENSHIP, b. December 1892.
iii. CARRIE M. BLANKENSHIP, b. December 1894.
iv. SUSAN F. BLANKENSHIP, b. December 1898.
62. v. EVIE M. BLANKENSHIP, b. Feb 12, 1900, Ft. Towson, Choctaw Nation, Ok; d. Oct 17, 1982, Anadarko, Ok.
vi. THOMAS C. "BUD" BLANKENSHIP, b. 1908, Choctaw Co., Ok.
vii. ISABELL BLANKENSHIP, b. Abt. 1910, Choctaw Co., Ok.
41. JAMES RICHARD "DICK" SOWELL (BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Sep 14, 1883 in Flat Creek, Lancaster, S.C., and died Nov 24, 1966 in Texarkana, Bowie Co., TX. He married VERA BELL CROSS June 14, 1903 in Bowie Co., TX. She was born Oct 23, 1886 in White Co., AR, and died Mar 22, 1963 in Texarkana, Bowie Co., TX.
Children of JAMES SOWELL and VERA CROSS are:
i. ??? SOWELL, b. Oct 27, 1905, White Co., AR; d. Oct 27, 1905, White Co., AR.
ii. HASKELL VERNARD SOWELL, b. Mar 04, 1907, White Co., AR; d. Apr 1979; m. VIOLA WYANT.
iii. ROBERT RAYMOND SOWELL, b. Mar 03, 1909, Garvin, OK; d. Jan 1966; m. VIVIAN KING.
iv. LORENE SOWELL, b. Feb 18, 1912, White Co., AR; d. May 1982; m. (1) ??? SANFORD; m. (2) ??? ESPANZO.
63. v. OLUS WAYNE SOWELL, b. April 16, 1913, Rosebud, AR; d. June 06, 1985, Texarkana, Bowie Co., TX.
vi. TWIN SONS SOWELL, b. Sep 24, 1915, White Co., AR; d. Sep 24, 1915, White Co., AR.
vii. ANTONETTE SOWELL, m. KENNETH R. PITTMAN.
viii. VELMA LEE SOWELL, b. Feb 14, 1918, White Co., AR; d. Aug 10, 1921, White Co., AR.
64. ix. THOMAS RICHARD SOWELL.
x. THELMA DELEIGH SOWELL, m. HENRY LENTZ RACKLEY; b. Nov 20, 1920, New Boston, Bowie Co., TX; d. July 09, 1945, Europe.
42. BENJAMIN "BEN" SOWELL, JR. (BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Mar 23, 1890 in Bowie Co., TX, and died April 24, 1938 in Rosebud, AR. He married ANNIE LEE WICKERSON Abt. 1915 in Rosebud, AR. She was born Oct 13, 1895, and died Feb 28, 1933 in Rosebud, AR.
Children of BENJAMIN SOWELL and ANNIE WICKERSON are:
i. IVA LOU SOWELL, b. Oct 15, 1915, Rosebud, AR; d. Jan 23, 1947, Texas.
ii. BEN MARTIN SOWELL, b. Oct 27, 1917, Rosebud, AR; d. Jan 23, 1947, Texas.
iii. ELDON R. "BUCK" SOWELL, b. Sep 12, 1921, Rosebud, AR; d. Jan 19, 1983.
43. GEORGE ROBERT SOWELL (BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Mar 17, 1892 in Bowie Co., TX, and died 1988 in Conway, AR. He married MARTHA HUDSEPT Abt. 1920 in Rosebud, AR. She died 1984 in Conway, AR.
Children of GEORGE SOWELL and MARTHA HUDSEPT are:
65. i. WAYNE J. SOWELL.
ii. TWIN UNNAMED SOWELL.
44. AUGUSTUS PATTERSON "PAT" SOWELL,SR. (BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born July 22, 1894 in Bowie Co., TX, and died Mar 16, 1965 in Faulkner Co., AR. He married ALTA LEE LANGFORD Abt. 1916. She was born Nov 05, 1897 in Rosebud, AR, and died Mar 23, 1982 in Faulkner Co., AR.
Children of AUGUSTUS SOWELL and ALTA LANGFORD are:
i. DWIGHT LEISTER SOWELL.
ii. LORETTA MAULINE SOWELL.
iii. FARRELL LEE SOWELL.
66. iv. PAT AUGUSTUS "PAT JR." SOWELL, JR.
45. DALLAS R. SOWELL (WORLEY, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born May 1874 in Florida. He married MITTIE. She was born June 1878. DALLAS R. SOWELL: Source: 1900 Census, Washington Co, FL. Occupation: Farmer
Child of DALLAS SOWELL and MITTIE is:
i. IRA A. SOWELL, b. September 1899.
46. HENRY M. SOWELL (WORLEY, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Feb 1878. He married DOLLIE. She was born Abt. 1899.
Child of HENRY SOWELL and DOLLIE is:
i. MARIE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1919.
47. ELLA SOWELL (WORLEY, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born May 1882. She married HARVEY SUGGS Dec 16, 1909 in Washington Co., FL. He was born 1881. SOURCE: Marriage Records - F-475.
Children of ELLA SOWELL and HARVEY SUGGS are:
i. VERA SUGGS.
ii. REEVES SUGGS.
iii. GROVER C. SUGGS, b. June 05, 1918, Washington Co., FL; d. Feb 21, 1970, Chipley, Washington Co., FL. Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery Military: S/Sgt. 548 Military Police company/World War II
48. BUNYAN W. SOWELL (WORLEY, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Apr 19, 1886, and died Feb 22, 1960 in Washington Co., FL. He married BOBBIE. She was born June 14, 1891, and died Nov 22, 1950 in Washington Co., FL. BUNYAN W. SOWELL: Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery; BOBBIE: Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery
Children of BUNYAN SOWELL and BOBBIE are:
i. BEATRICE SOWELL, b. Nov 02, 1910; d. Apr 2000; m. OTIS NICHOLS.
ii. THELMA E. SOWELL, b. Nov 23, 1912; d. Nov 29, 2002; m. ALBERT O. NICHOLS, Oct 01, 1932, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
iii. BUSTER SOWELL, b. Dec 06, 1914; d. June 24, 1971. Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery; Military: Co F 351 Inf - World War II.
iv. LUCILLE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1918; m. FORBES NELSON.
49. GROVER CLEVELAND SOWELL (WORLEY, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Jul 04, 1888 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL, and died Oct 26, 1936 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL. He married NELLA REA. She was born Mar 25, 1899, and died Jul 19, 1938 in Washington Co., FL. GROVER CLEVELAND SOWELL Burial: Double Pond Cemetery; Military: Florida Pvt. 156 Depot Brig. NELLA REA Burial: Double Pond Cemetery
Child of GROVER SOWELL and NELLA REA is:
i. OUIDA SOWELL.
50. WHIT SOWELL (JOHN, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Jan 1873 in Washington Co., FL, and died 1950 in Washington Co., FL. He married ANNIE. She was born Abt. 1880. WHIT SOWELL Burial: Oakie Ridge Cemetery.
Children of WHIT SOWELL and ANNIE are:
i. MARDRA SOWELL, b. Dec 13, 1906; d. Mar 31, 2003.
ii. CHARLIE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1910; m. RUBY BENNEFIELD, Nov 03, 1931, Washington Co., FL.
iii. WESLEY SOWELL, b. Abt. 1914.
iv. LOUIS SOWELL, b. Abt. 1917.
v. LORENZY SOWELL, b. Abt. 1921.
vi. MARIE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1925.
51. GEORGE W. SOWELL (JOHN, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Nov 1877 in Washington Co., FL. He married NETTIE WELCH Dec 17, 1911 in Washington Co., FL. She was born Abt. 1884. SOURCE: Marriage Records G-218
Children of GEORGE SOWELL and NETTIE WELCH are:
i. EDNA SOWELL.
ii. CHRISTINE SOWELL, b. Abt. 1918; m. LLOYD CARTER, March 14, 1937, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
iii. LOUIS SOWELL, b. Abt. 1921.
52. KINNIE SOWELL (JOHN, WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Sep 1895. She married HARDY LEVINS Sep 10, 1911 in Washington Co. FL. He was born Jan 20, 1889, and died Feb 12, 1918. HARDY LEVINS: Burial: Bradford Cemetery
Child of KINNIE SOWELL and HARDY LEVINS is:
i. GLADYS LEVINE, m. JOSEPH H. SOWELL, Dec 11, 1937, Chipley, Washington Co., FL.
53. JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Dec 03, 1881 in Washington Co., FL, and died Feb 01, 1971 in Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge. She married ANGUS MCDANIEL BROCK Dec 28, 1898 in Jackson Co, County Line/FL?, son of JOHN BROCK and ALICE NELSON. He was born Oct 16, 1879 in Washington Co., FL, and died Nov 29, 1911 in Washington Co., FL. ANGUS MCDANIEL BROCK: Burial: Oakie Ridge Ch. Cemetery.
Children of JESSE SOWELL and ANGUS BROCK are:
67. i. TROY WILLIAM BROCK, b. Jan 02, 1901, Orange Hill, Washington Co., FL.
ii. JOHNIE DEVO BROCK, b. Mar 12, 1903, Washington Co., FL; d. Pensacola, FL; m. (1) HAZEL KIRK; b. Canada; d. Chattahoochee, FL; m. (2) IRENE SHAW. JOHNIE DEVO BROCK: Burial: Barrancas National Cemetery.
68. iii. EFFIE MAE BROCK, b. Sep 22, 1905, Washington Co., FL; d. Feb 20, 2003.
69. iv. CHARLCIE L. BROCK, b. Nov 26, 1908, Washington Co., FL; d. Sep 09, 1971, Washington Co., FL.
54. JAQUIE (JAKIE) SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Sep 22, 1885 in Washington Co., FL. She married WILLIE SUGGS Oct 29, 1912 in Washington Co., FL. SOURCE: Marriage Records G-202.
Children of JAQUIE SOWELL and WILLIE SUGGS are:
i. NORA LEE SUGGS, m. BRADY RONEY.
ii. ESSIE MAE SUGGS, m. LEON RONEY.
70. iii. EUGENE SUGGS, b. October 22, 1922.
55. MARTHA HENRIETTA SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Oct 16, 1888 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL, and died July 08, 1959 in Washington Co., FL. She married IRVING ASHLEY BROCK July 21, 1918, son of WILLIAM BROCK and SUSANNAH SEAY. He was born July 05, 1888 in Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL, and died Feb 18, 1941 in Washington Co., FL. MARTHA HENRIETTA SOWELL: Burial: Cypress Creek Ch. Cemetery; IRVING ASHLEY BROCK: Burial: Cypress Creek Ch. Cemetery
Child of MARTHA SOWELL and IRVING BROCK is:
71. i. VITA MERLE BROCK
56. HENRY SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Aug 22, 1893 in Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge, and died May 16, 1932. He married EUNICE WOOD. HENRY SOWELL: Military: Fought in World War I
Children of HENRY SOWELL and EUNICE WOOD are:
72. i. DOYLE C. SOWELL
73. ii. NADINE SOWELL
57. CHARLES DAWSON "DOSS" SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Oct 03, 1895 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL, and died May 20, 1980 in Pinellas, FL. He married MALLIE STRICKLAND July 05, 1926 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL. She died Jan 07, 1972.
Child of CHARLES SOWELL and MALLIE STRICKLAND is:
74. i. DAULTON12 SOWELL
58. EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born May 25, 1898 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL, and died Sep 11, 1955 in Donalsonville, Miller Co., Ga.. He married EFFIE MARIE DUNCAN Oct 04, 1926 in Vernon, Washington Co., FL. She was born July 17, 1910 in Chipley, Washington Co., FL, and died Nov 23, 1995 in Colquitt, Miller Co, Ga.
Notes for EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE SOWELL: Died at Donalsonville Hospital. Songs sang at his funeral were "Jesus Paid It All" and "Dreaming of Heaven". Sources: 1900 Census for Washington County, Florida lists Eddie and Neatie (his twin) as being born in 1898. Eddie buried Sep 12, 1955, Springfield Cemetery, Early Co, GA; Cause of Death: Complications from Automobile Accident; Occupation: Farmer .
Notes for EFFIE MARIE DUNCAN: At her funeral, Mama's favorite verse in the Bible was read (The Twenty-Third Psalm). They sang her favorite songs, "Jesus Paid It All", which was also sang at Papa's funeral, and Amazing Grace, her favorite song. I can just hear her singing it now.
Mama was loved by her two adoring daughters, Pauline and Shirley. When she had her stoke and heart attack, they had to put her in the nursing home and whatever Mama wanted, they made sure that Mama got and didn't go without. They definitely earned their right to be called adoring daughters.
There were a lot of people at Mama's viewing. Mama's funeral service was held at Rocky Ridge Baptist Church. She had 2 pastors officiating at her funeral. The Church was full of family and friends. Mama was buried next to Papa at Springfield Cemetery on Sunday. November 26, 1995; Burial: Springfield Cemetery, Early Co, GA; Cause of Death: Heart/Stroke.
Children of EDMUND SOWELL and EFFIE DUNCAN are:
75. i. JOANNA PAULINE SOWELL
76. ii. SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL
59. NEATA SOWELL (JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born May 25, 1898 in Washington Co., FL/Okie Ridge, and died July 13, 1988 in Crystal River, FL. She married ARLEY CARL WALDRON May 21, 1924 in Washington Co., FL. He was born Oct 03, and died 1960. Marriage Records H-562.
Children of NEATA SOWELL and ARLEY WALDRON are:
77. i. BEATRICE WALDRON.
78. ii. PEARLIE BEE WALDRON
79. iii. JAMES WALDRON
80. iv. BETTY WALTON WALDRON
60. JOHN SOWELL (DAVID BULLOCK, RANSOM C., JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born 1876.
Child of JOHN SOWELL is:
81. i. LEVI SOWELL.
Generation No. 12
61. ABIJAH ROYAN SOWELL (ABIJAH LEWIS, GEORGE N., LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Feb 12, 1888 in Abbeville AL, and died Nov 07, 1942 in Washington Co., FL. He married PRISILLER COBB. She was born Nov 15, 1852 in Henry Co., AL, and died April 09, 1922 in Washington Co., FL. ABIJAH ROYAN SOWELL Apparently abandoned a first family in Georgia before marrying Prisiller Cobb. A Cherokee Indian; Burial: Glenwood Cemetery
Child of ABIJAH SOWELL and PRISILLER COBB is:
i. JOSEPH H. SOWELL, m. GLADYS LEVINE
62. EVIE M. BLANKENSHIP (JOSIE SOWELL, DARLING B., LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Feb 12, 1900 in Ft. Towson, Choctaw Nation, Ok, and died Oct 17, 1982 in Anadarko, Ok. She married JAMES SAMUEL HEMBY Sep 23, 1919 in Hugo, Choctaw, OK. He was born Jan 18, 1893 in Panther, Haskel, OK, and died Oct 13, 1969 in Sayre, Beckham, OK. EVIE M. BLANKENSHIP: Burial: October 1982, Sayre-Doxey, Beckham, OK; JAMES SAMUEL HEMBY: Burial: Sayre-Doxey, Beckham, OK
Children of EVIE BLANKENSHIP and JAMES HEMBY are:
i. BABY HEMBY, b. 1921, Sawyer, Choctaw, OK; d. 1921, Sawyer, Choctaw, OK.
ii. OPAL LEE HEMBY
iii. JAMES HEMBY, b. Sep 13, 1924, Sawyer, Choctaw, OK; d. Sep 14, 1992, Anadarko, Ok.
iv. COY FRANKLIN HEMBY
v. WANDA DEAN HEMBY
vi. GOLDIE VIOLA HEMBY
82. vii. BOBBY JOE HEMBY
viii. WILMA JEAN HEMBY
63. OLUS WAYNE SOWELL (JAMES RICHARD "DICK", BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born April 16, 1913 in Rosebud, AR, and died June 06, 1985 in Texarkana, Bowie Co., TX. He married MILDRED LORENE ANDREWS.
Child of OLUS SOWELL and MILDRED ANDREWS is:
i. THOMAS WAYNE SOWELL, m. (1) DIANNA; m. (2) CAROLYN PEREZ.
64. THOMAS RICHARD SOWELL (JAMES RICHARD "DICK", BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married VIRGINIA MARGUERITE RANDOLPH.
Children of THOMAS SOWELL and VIRGINIA RANDOLPH are:
i. TINA CAROL SOWELL, m. LAWRENCE HARVEY DODSON.
ii. SHARON ANN SOWELL, m. RICHARD LEIF RIDINGS.
iii. RICHARD DANA SOWELL, m. EVA JOYCE HEISKILL.
iv. LAUREN DESIREE SOWELL.
65. WAYNE J. SOWELL (GEORGE ROBERT, BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married (1) FERN. He married (2) THEDA ANN KEATHLEY.
Children of WAYNE SOWELL and FERN are:
i. CONNIE SOWELL, m. (1) LARRY COTTON; m. (2) CARROL ED ATKINSON.
ii. DORIS SOWELL, m. (1) DANNY BANE; m. (2) BILL WATSON.
iii. GEORGE ROY SOWELL, m. DONNA OGLESBY.
iv. WAYNE J. SOWELL, JR.
Child of WAYNE SOWELL and THEDA KEATHLEY is:
v. GLEN EVERETT "DUB" SOWELL, m. KATINA MCKAY.
66. PAT AUGUSTUS "PAT JR." SOWELL, JR. (AUGUSTUS PATTERSON "PAT", BENJAMIN FRANKLYN "BEN", GILLIAM, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married BOBBIE JEAN DEETER.
Children of PAT SOWELL and BOBBIE DEETER are:
i. DONNA KAY SOWELL.
ii. DAVID NEIL SOWELL, m. BARBARA DIANE GOSSOM.
iii. MARY LEE SOWELL.
iv. MARK ALAN SOWELL, m. DENA LYNN COX.
67. TROY WILLIAM BROCK (JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Jan 02, 1901 in Orange Hill, Washington Co., FL. He married EMMA LOU THARP Feb 14, 1925 in County Court, Marianna, FL, daughter of GEORGE THARP and LOU MCMULLEN. She was born Jan 16, 1903 in Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL, and died Mar 12, 1991 in Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL. EMMA LOU THARP Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
Children of TROY BROCK and EMMA THARP are:
i. CATHRINE L. BROCK, m. ART GOLDSTEIN
ii. GERALD ANGUS BROCK, b. Sep 17, 1927, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL; d. Aug 03, 1989, Atlanta, GA; m. GERALDINE LYNN. GERALD ANGUS BROCK: Burial: Jackson Co Piney Grove Cemetery
iii. GEORGE GLENN BROCK, b. Dec 15, 1929, Cottondale, FL; d. May 30, 1976, Marianna, FL; m. ALICE BUCHANAN, June 08, 1954, Donalsonville, Miller Co., Ga. GEORGE GLENN BROCK: Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
iv. ERNESTINE BROCK, b. Dec 08, 1931, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL; d. Dec 08, 1931, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL. Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
v. NELL C. BROCK, b. Feb 06, 1933, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL; d. Dec 27, 1938, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL. Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
vi. BOBBIE J. BROCK, b. June 04, 1936, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL; d. Nov 25, 1938, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL. Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
vii. BILLY R. BROCK
viii. SHERLEY F. BROCK, b. Dec 13, 1940, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL; d. Dec 30, 1940, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL. Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
ix. TROY RUSSEL BROCK, b. Dec 09, 1942, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL; d. Feb 28, 1948, Jackson Co, Cottondale, FL. Burial: Piney Grove Cemetery
68. EFFIE MAE BROCK (JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Sep 22, 1905 in Washington Co., FL, and died Feb 20, 2003. She married JAMES HINES JOHNSON May 26, 1925 in Jackson County, FL. He was born May 05, 1896 in Hager, GA, and died Apr 18, 1970 in Washington Co., FL. JAMES HINES JOHNSON Burial: Okie Ridge Ch. Cemetery. Marriage records 14-132.
Children of EFFIE BROCK and JAMES JOHNSON are:
83. i. JESSIE EUGENIA JOHNSON
84. ii. JAMES HINES JOHNSON,JR.
85. iii. THOMAS GILBERT JOHNSON
86. iv. RALPH EDGAR JOHNSON
87. v. LOLA MAE JOHNSON
vi. RUTH ANNETTE JOHNSON
69. CHARLCIE L. BROCK (JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born Nov 26, 1908 in Washington Co., FL, and died Sep 09, 1971 in Washington Co., FL. She married CHARLEY C. SEXTON. He was born Sep 23, 1907, and died Jan 01, 1990 in Washington Co., FL. CHARLCIE L. BROCK Burial: Okie Ridge Ch. Cemetery; CHARLEY C. SEXTON Burial: Okie Ridge Ch. Cemetery.
Children of CHARLCIE BROCK and CHARLEY SEXTON are:
i. CHARLES HOMER SEXTON.
ii. CEABORN LOYD SEXTON, m. GLORIA IRIS ALLEN.
70. EUGENE SUGGS (JAQUIE (JAKIE) SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married BETTY GRIFFIN.
Children of EUGENE SUGGS and BETTY GRIFFIN are:
i. GLENN SUGGS.
ii. DONALD SUGGS.
iii. ARTHUR SUGGS.
71. VITA MERLE BROCK (MARTHA HENRIETTA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS) She married JESSIE ELOIE HALLMAN.
Children of VITA BROCK and JESSIE HALLMAN are:
88. i. ROGER DOUGLAS HALLMAN
89. ii. SHARON ANN HALLMAN
72. DOYLE C. SOWELL (HENRY, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married REBA POSTON
Children of DOYLE SOWELL and REBA POSTON are:
90. i. RICHARD CARL SOWELL
91. ii. RONALD EDWARD SOWELL
73. NADINE SOWELL (HENRY, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married FREDRICK KOLMETZ.
Children of NADINE SOWELL and FREDRICK KOLMETZ are:
i. ROBERT KOLMETZ.
ii. CHARLES KOLMETZ.
74. DAULTON SOWELL (CHARLES DAWSON "DOSS", JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married (1) BETTY LOU MCQUAIG, daughter of PAULINE FRANCES WILKINS. He married (2) PAULINE FRANCES WILKINS.
Children of DAULTON SOWELL and BETTY MCQUAIG are:
i. CHARLOTTE ANN SOWELL m. MARK FRYE.
92. ii. KATHY ELAINE SOWELL
93. iii. DONNA MARIE SOWELL
75. JOANNA PAULINE SOWELL (EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married HERBERT WAYNE CARR.
Children of JOANNA SOWELL and HERBERT CARR are:
94. i. SUZANNE RENEE CARR
95. ii. LAUREN BETH CARR
96. iii. VERONICA DAWN CARR
76. SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL (EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married (1) JAMES MARION DONALSON. She married (2) JESS G. CANNON.
Children of SHIRLEY SOWELL and JAMES DONALSON are:
97. i. SONYA FAYE DONALSON
98. ii. RONALD MARION DONALSON
99. iii. SHERRIE ANN DONALSON
100. iv. SHEILA MARIE DONALSON
77. BEATRICE WALDRON (NEATA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married (1) ROBERT HUNTER MOSLEY. He was born June 07, 1915, and died March 31, 1990. She married (2) CHARLIE WOLFE.
Children of BEATRICE WALDRON and ROBERT MOSLEY are:
i. FRED C. MOSLEY
ii. LINDA SUE MOSLEY, b. November 20, 1950; d. December 12, 1987.
iii. PATRICIA MOSLEY, b. October 22, 1952; d. April 24, 1995.
Children of BEATRICE WALDRON and CHARLIE WOLFE are:
iv. WAYNE JOSEPH WOLFE
v. GORDON CARL WOLFE
vi. JUANITA WOLFE
78. PEARLIE BEE WALDRON (NEATA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married WILBUR COULLETTE.
Children of PEARLIE WALDRON and WILBUR COULLETTE are:
i. EARL COULLETTE.
ii. ANN COULLETTE.
iii. NANCY COULLETTE.
iv. LOUISE COULLETTE.
79. JAMES WALDRON (NEATA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born October 23, 1931. He married DOROTHY AMMONS.
Children of JAMES WALDRON and DOROTHY AMMONS are:
i. PAM WALDRON.
ii. TERRY ANN WALDRON.
iii. FAYE WALDRON.
iv. JIMMY WALDRON.
v. JAMIE WALDRON
80. BETTY WALTON WALDRON (NEATA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) was born December 24, 1935. She married (1) WILLIAM HAMILTON. She married (2) HAROLD WOLFE.
Children of BETTY WALDRON and HAROLD WOLFE are:
i. THERESA WOLFE.
ii. CHERYL WOLFE.
iii. PEGGY WOLFE.
iv. GINA WOLFE.
v. DEBBIE WOLFE.
81. LEVI SOWELL (JOHN, DAVID BULLOCK, RANSOM C., JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married CLARISSE.
Child of LEVI SOWELL and CLARISSE is:
i. DONALD DEAN SOWELL, b. Mar 15, 1932, San Augustine Co, TX; d. Oct 06, 1986, Houston, TX.
Generation No. 13
82. BOBBY JOE HEMBY (EVIE M. BLANKENSHIP, JOSIE SOWELL, DARLING B., LEWIS LITTLETON, LEVI "LEVY", JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married GLORIA SUE MATTHEWS
Children of BOBBY HEMBY and GLORIA MATTHEWS are:
i. CYNTHIA SUE HEMBY, m. STEVEN RANDAL GREEN.
ii. ROBERT J. HEMBY
83. JESSIE EUGENIA JOHNSON (EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married WALLACE ROBERT COMEGYS.
Children of JESSIE JOHNSON and WALLACE COMEGYS are:
i. CARLA COMEGYS
ii. KAREN COMEGYS
iii. KATHY COMEGYS
84. JAMES HINES JOHNSON,JR. (EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married LYNDA ELAINE PINCKARD.
Child of JAMES JOHNSON and LYNDA PINCKARD is:
101. i. HINES JOHNSON
85. THOMAS GILBERT JOHNSON (EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married LORRAINE LEE STEELE.
Children of THOMAS JOHNSON and LORRAINE STEELE are:
i. BONNIE ARANDA JOHNSON
ii. MARK JOHNSON
iii. KERRY JOHNSON
102. iv. BURT JOHNSON
86. RALPH EDGAR JOHNSON (EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married GLADYS.
Children of RALPH JOHNSON and GLADYS are:
103. i. CHERYL JOHNSON
104. ii. JOY JOHNSON
iii. EDDIE JOHNSON
iv. RAE JOHNSON
87. LOLA MAE JOHNSON (EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married WINTON EMMITT YERBY, JR.
Children of LOLA JOHNSON and WINTON YERBY are:
105. i. SUSAN YERBY
ii. WIN YERBY
iii. JOAN YERBY, m. JOHN HOLMES.
106. iv. BRIAN YERBY
88. ROGER DOUGLAS HALLMAN (VITA MERLE BROCK, MARTHA HENRIETTA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married JACKIE SAUNDERS.
Children of ROGER HALLMAN and JACKIE SAUNDERS are:
i. TRAVIS HALLMAN.
ii. CHRISTINA LEIGH HALLMAN.
89. SHARON ANN HALLMAN (VITA MERLE BROCK, MARTHA HENRIETTA SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married JOHNNY TEAGUE.
Children of SHARON HALLMAN and JOHNNY TEAGUE are:
i. JAY TEAGUE.
ii. JESSICA TEAGUE.
90. RICHARD CARL SOWELL (DOYLE C., HENRY, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married CINDY RUSHAW.
Children of RICHARD SOWELL and CINDY RUSHAW are:
i. JESSICA LEANN SOWELL
ii. JULIE MARIE SOWELL
iii. RICHARD C. SOWELL, JR.
91. RONALD EDWARD SOWELL (DOYLE C., HENRY, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married (1) JEANA ARMSTRONG. He married (2) DEBORAH LEA BELCHER.
Children of RONALD SOWELL and JEANA ARMSTRONG are:
i. RONALD EDWARD SOWELL, JR.
ii. JONATHAN ANDREW SOWELL
iii. JARED ANTHOY SOWELL
92. KATHY ELAINE SOWELL (DAULTON, CHARLES DAWSON "DOSS", JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married GARY HATCHER.
Child of KATHY SOWELL and GARY HATCHER is:
i. TARA HATCHER.
93. DONNA MARIE SOWELL (DAULTON, CHARLES DAWSON "DOSS", JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married GEORGE MCDOUGALL.
Child of DONNA SOWELL and GEORGE MCDOUGALL is:
i. SELENA MCDOUGALL.
94. SUZANNE RENEE CARR (JOANNA PAULINE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married DONALD ALBERT COATES.
Children of SUZANNE CARR and DONALD COATES are:
i. MATTHEW ALBERT COATES
ii. THOMAS JORDAN COATES
iii. ASHLEY SUZANNE COATES
iv. AUSTIN COATES
95. LAUREN BETH CARR (JOANNA PAULINE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married WADE GARWOOD SPOONER.
Children of LAUREN CARR and WADE SPOONER are:
i. LAUREN MEG SPOONER
ii. BENJAMIN CARR SPOONER
iii. MERRIE BETH SPOONER
iv. MARIA FAIRCHILD SPOONER
96. VERONICA DAWN CARR (JOANNA PAULINE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married (1) THOMAS MARK WILLIAMSON, son of FRED WILLIAMSON and MARY. She married (2) EDWARD CLARK PEARCE.
Child of VERONICA CARR and EDWARD PEARCE is:
i. JAMES CLAYTON PEARCE
97. SONYA FAYE DONALSON (SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married (1) JOHN LEONARD RIDENOUR,JR. She married (2) DAVID ROBERT MARVEL.
Child of SONYA DONALSON and JOHN RIDENOUR is:
i. JOHN DION RIDENOUR, b. Sep 08, 1968, Tampa, Hillsborough Co., FL; d. Jan 20, 1989, Tampa, Hillsborough Co., FL. JOHN DION RIDENOUR: Burial: Hillsboro Memorial Cemetery, Brandon, FL Cause of Death: Accidental Shooting.
98. RONALD MARION DONALSON (SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married (1) CHARLENE PAULETTE ROZIER. He married (2) VICKIE LYNN WILLIAMS. He married (3) LINDA FRANCES MARANO, daughter of FRANCISCO MARANO and MARGARET WOJSLAW.
Children of RONALD DONALSON and CHARLENE ROZIER are:
107. i. RONALD MARION DONALSON II, m. DAWN
ii. STEPHANIE RENEE DONALSON m. ASHLEY SWINDLE.
99. SHERRIE ANN DONALSON (SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married JEFFREY LYNN WALKER.
Children of SHERRIE DONALSON and JEFFREY WALKER are:
i. CHAD ELLIOTT WALKER, m. JENNIFER MARIE DEMATHA.
108. ii. CHRISTINE ELAINE WALKER, m. Joseph Caudle.
100. SHEILA MARIE DONALSON (SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married THOMAS TUCKER ALDAY..
Child of SHEILA DONALSON and THOMAS ALDAY is:
i. MICHELLE RENEE ALDAY
Generation No. 14
101. HINES JOHNSON (JAMES HINES, EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married DANEZ.
Child of HINES JOHNSON and DANEZ is:
i. JAY JOHNSON
102. BURT JOHNSON (THOMAS GILBERT, EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married TONYA.
Children of BURT JOHNSON and TONYA are:
i. ZACK JOHNSON
ii. NOAH JOHNSON
103. CHERYL JOHNSON (RALPH EDGAR, EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married STEVE TINDELL.
Children of CHERYL JOHNSON and STEVE TINDELL are:
i. CASEY TINDELL
ii. NATALIE TINDELL
104. JOY JOHNSON (RALPH EDGAR, EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married GEORGE BARTLETT.
Child of JOY JOHNSON and GEORGE BARTLETT is:
i. MATTHEW BARTLETT
105. SUSAN YERBY (LOLA MAE JOHNSON, EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married TOMMY MCDANIEL.
Children of SUSAN YERBY and TOMMY MCDANIEL are:
i. LEANNE MCDANIEL
ii. LEE MCDANIEL
iii. LEVI MCDANIEL
106. BRIAN YERBY (LOLA MAE JOHNSON,EFFIE MAE BROCK, JESSE JOSEPHINE SOWELL, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married CHRISTINE.
Children of BRIAN YERBY and CHRISTINE are:
i. WITT YERBY
ii. ZEB YERBY
iii. KATIE YERBY
iv. MADDIE YERBY
107. RONALD MARION DONALSON II (RONALD MARION, SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) He married DAWN.
Children of RONALD DONALSON and DAWN are:
i. ALEXANDRIA DONALSON.
ii. GABRIEL DONALSON.
iii. SAMANTHA DONALSON
iv. CLAYTON DONALSON
108. CHRISTINE ELAINE WALKER (SHERRIE ANN DONALSON, SHIRLEY MAE SOWELL, EDMUND "EDDIE" HORACE, JAMES H., WILLIAM, JOHN, JAMES "JAMIE" WILLIAM, JOHN DARLING, RICHARD R., RICHARD R., CHARLES, THOMAS, THOMAS) She married JOSEPH CAUDLE.
Child of CHRISTINE WALKER and JOSEPH CAUDLE is:
i. MEGAN NICOLE CAUDLE
ii. TYLER CAUDLE

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LManley0101 5 Nov 2008 7:46AM GMT 
gottdm_1 16 Jan 2009 1:11AM GMT 
gottdm_1 16 Jan 2009 1:13AM GMT 
sherry burden 27 Feb 2009 10:54PM GMT 
jandssowell4 5 Apr 2009 7:36PM GMT 
lillyvlw 21 Oct 2009 1:21PM GMT 
principessame... 5 May 2010 10:34PM GMT 
dpmattox 22 Jan 2012 2:56AM GMT