Search for content in message boards

Thomas Spears

Replies: 0

Thomas Spears

Posted: 25 Nov 2013 5:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spears/Lane
I am looking for anything on a Thomas Spears married to a Ruth Lane/Layne. These were my 4th great grandparents. What I do know is Thomas's parents were Spencer Spears and tabitha Mirea Chaffin. I have been told Thomas died in Floyd County, Kentucky in 1852...I found a 1850 & 1860 census for Ruth (Lane) Spears, living with her son's Samuel and his family and Abraham but no Thomas. IF he died in 1852 why is he not on the 1850 census so I am thinking the death date is wrong...I also found a death record for Wiley Marion Spears, one of their sons, and it shows Thomas and Ruth Lane as his parents, I also located a death and marriage record for Frances Jane Spears-Wiley and it also shows Thomas & Ruth as her parents. But other than these items I have not been able to locate anything in Floyd or Johnson County Kentucky on their date of birth or where they were actually born, nor a record of their marriage, or when they die and where they are buried. I know that Ruths parents were Corbin Lane and Frances Proctor and have been told they were from Scott County, Virginia, and that Corbin is a Revolution Patriot for services during the war. If there is anyone out there that can help me I sure need it. I have searched Floyd and Johnson county, I've search in Scott county, Virginia and nothing thus far. I have been told their is a copy of a deed for Ruth & Thomas that states his childrens name, but have not been able to find such document. Can anyone help me or lead me to where I can find any of the information I need...

Find a board about a specific topic