Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Springer b. 1760 d. 2 October 1837 Lincoln Co., TN

Replies: 0

Benjamin Springer b. 1760 d. 2 October 1837 Lincoln Co., TN

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Springer, Fairbanks, Stephens, Wells
I have ask this question before but will now ask again. Maybe someone has found some new info since I ask it last.

Listed in a Fairbanks/Springer/Wells/James Bible (not sure which it is but is now in possession of a Fairbanks descendant) is a Benjamin Springer born 15 February 1760 and died 2 October 1839 in Lincoln County, Tennessee. I am looking for more information on this Benjamin Springer. Here is all I have found:

Georgia Tax Index 1789-99
Wilkes County, Georgia Collier District
Benjamin Springer

Georgia Tax List Index 1792-1819
Benjamin Springer

Franklin County, Georgia
1802 Tax List - page 8
Benjamin Springer

Franklin County, Georgia
Tax List 1806 - page 37
Benjamin Springer

Index to the 1809 Tax Digest
Jackson Co., GA (Jackson created from part of Franklin County in 1809
Springer, Benjamin page 21

Lincoln County, Tennessee 1830 census.
Benjamin Springer age 70-80

Benjamin Springer not found in 1810 or 1820. Census records for Tennessee and Georgia missing for 1810 and 20 eastern Tennessee counties missing for 1820 and Franklin County, Georgia census records missing for 1820

What I am looking for is a connection between Benjamin Springer and my Springer line. Benjamin is listed in the family Bible so there must be a connection to someone in that Bible record. My great grandmother was Nancy Elizabeth Springer Fairbanks (she is listed in the Bible and so is her husband Richard Fairbanks). She was the daughter of William Springer and Rachael Wells Springer (they are not listed in the Bible but Rachael Wells parents, Thomas and Amy Wells are listed). William Springer's parents were Jonathan and Martha Springer and they are not listed in the Bible. Trying to determine if there is a connection between Benjamin Springer and Nancy Elizabeth Springer and if so what the relationship is. Was Benjamin Springer perhaps the father of Jonathan Springer and grandfather of William Springer and great grandfather of Nancy Elizabeth Springer Fairbanks? Or is Benjamin Springer connected to some other person listed in the Bible? Benjamin Springer's wife is listed in the Bible - Mary Springer born 1770 died 27 April 1930.

Others listed in the Bible: Nancy Wells Stephens (sister of Rachael Wells Springer) and her husband George P. Stephens. Also first wife of George P. Stephens who was Keziah Springer. Just thought I would throw that in to make it interesting. There's more but I think the water is muddied enough!

If anyone has info about this Benjamin Springer please let me know. A Y-DNA sample from a descendant of Jonathan Springer is now at the lab and I would like to have a few more questions answered before we get those test results. Thanks for any info or advice.
Vonda Fairbanks Dihm

Find a board about a specific topic