Search for content in message boards

General Arthur St Clair and Pittsburgh

Replies: 2

Re: General Arthur St Clair and Pittsburgh

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 10:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Nov 2012 11:01AM GMT
No but I can tell you there is some sort of connection to President James Buchanan who had his Whitehouse in Bedford. His brother was married to the sister of songwriter Stephen Foster.

I also have records of General St Clair's gravesite refurbishment in Greensburg. I got them fron the Heinz History Center. He was moved to another location of the cemetery and given a new stone. Although some records suggest he was moved only a few to 10 ft from the original location.

Many people in Pittsburgh doubt General Arthur St Clair ever existed so research is tough on this subject. I believe I know where this comes from. The families of the Whiskey Rebellion get deleted from the Allegheny Board weekly. Most likely because of General Harry Lighthorse Lee and his son General Robert E Lee. General Harry Lee was buried at Cumberland Island owned by the Carnegie family. He was later moved to the mainland. Lets face it, the Lee were traidors in Union Eyes and in Pittsburgh, it is still that way.

Alot of people also thought General St Clair was a traidor with his frendship with Benedict Arnold.

You must get through this haze to get anywhere with theses families.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
photo66666 13 Jun 2011 10:51AM GMT 
JerryStClair1... 5 Nov 2012 5:23PM GMT 
photo66666 5 Nov 2012 5:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions