Search for content in message boards

Stafford family of Logan Co.Wv.

Replies: 65

Stafford/Paintsville Ky

BB Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2000 11:58AM GMT
I think I have the information you need. My father was born and raised in Paintsville Kentucky and I still have family there. I remember visiting as a child and my most recent trip has been within the past 3 years. The documentation I havedates the family line to the 16th century in England. I think this is the line you are looking for because I remember reading in my documentation about the fire you mentioned. This was recorded by my great aunt who when she died, was 96 years old. I am hesitant to relay names because it has been awhile since I have reviewed the information. I have it in hard copy and would be willing to share it with you when I find it. (may take awhile). I have also visited the town of STAFFORDSVILLE you mentioned. There I found the graveyard (not without a guide, because they are on top of a mountain) where George Stafford was buried, father of Burl Stafford, father of Charles Stafford, my father. The 96 year old aunt was the sister to Burl Stafford who has only expired within the past 7 years. Basically, as I am sure you know the line originated in Staffordshire England. Ralph (I believe) married a woman from Ireland (whose name I have documented) had 4 sons who immigrated to the US. Three have been traced to Virginia, KY which is where our line comes from. I am uncertain about the fourth. If this is info is what you need,please let me know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
B.B. Stafford 12 Jun 2000 7:20PM GMT 
B.B. Stafford 12 Jun 2000 7:20PM GMT 
BB Stafford 27 Jun 2000 5:58PM GMT 
B.B. Stafford 28 Jun 2000 8:00PM GMT 
Tommye Craven 21 Feb 2000 6:35PM GMT 
CANewsome 26 Mar 2000 8:16PM GMT 
stafford.......stephen......daniel 13 Apr 2000 4:18PM GMT 
waltst 5 Dec 2000 10:14PM GMT 
jvallenrvinet 3 Aug 2001 8:18AM GMT 
Warren Stafford 6 Sep 2001 5:52PM GMT 
per page