William H. Stambaugh
b: abt 1849
m: Emma Cecilia Brubaker Nov 24, 1873.
He died in Burdett, KS before 1899.
1880 United States Federal Census > Kansas > Pawnee > Browns Grove > District 370
Household 70 Family 70
Stambaugh, William H. 31 Stone Mason PA PA PA
Celia B. 34 PA PA PA
This sounds like the right man. Is it?
The Ancestral Heritage with Allied Families
by Helen Stambaugh
Philip Stambaugh 1812-1877
Third child of Henry and Cathqarine: Generation V
Phillip Stambaugh was born March 3, 1812 in York County, PA; d. December 22, 1877; m. Susan B. Zartman, b. November 24, 1814 and d. February 24, 1904. Both are buried at Lischey Church Cemetery near Spring Grove, Pennsylvania.
Susan was the duaghter of John Peter and Elizabeth Bowman Zartman; and a sister of Catharine Zartman, wife of David L. Stambaugh. Section VI- Zartman under David L. and Catharine Stambaugh; and the Zartman Family, 1692-1942 by Reverend Rufus Zartman.
LBR:H41-374; dated December 9, 1839: Phillip 1812 Stambaugh's 50 acre tract of land was surveyed. Lcated in Codorus Township of York County, this was of the original surveys: C119-94; D61/92/93; made for Jacob Leer on August 24, 1752. After Phillip's death John Wolford became trustee of the estate.
Children of Phillip and Susan: Generation VI
1. William Stambaugh, 1848
2. Anjeline Stmbaugh (Goirgan/Gorgon), 1849
3. Catharine Stambagh 1853-1864
4. Phillip E. Stambaugh 1857-1864
1. William Stambaugh, b in 1848; m. in Stark County, Ohio, ca 1868 to Miss Bru aker; and d. in the state of Oklahoma.
2. Anjeline Stambaugh, b. in 1848; m November 25, 1874 to Peter Gorgan/Gorgon at Columbia, Pennsylvania
3. Catharine A. Stambaugh b May 12, 1852 and d March 22, 1864, buried at Lischey Church Cemetery
4. Phillip E. Stambaugh b in 1858 and d. March 7, 1864 buried at Lischey Church Cemetery.