Search for content in message boards

Starr, Starrs, Buell, Shears, Sly, Star

Replies: 0

Starr, Starrs, Buell, Shears, Sly, Star

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2013 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Starr, Starrs, Buell, Shears, Sly, Star
Seeking information on Almina /Elmina Buell who married Unknown Starr and had two sons, Warren L. and Paul H. One son was born in Indiana and the other in Michigan. In 1910, Almina and the boys were living in North Dakota and some are listed as Starr's. At other times, she is listed as Star. Mr. Starr died or divorced her, and Almina moved to Grand Rapids MIchigan where her sons were put into a county-run facility for children while she worked as a maid in the UBA hospital. In 1914, she married Sheldon Leroy (Robert) Shears and attempted to get her sons back. In 1916, she divorced Shears and quickly remarried ... this time to Verl Seneca Sly of Michigan. They lived in Escanaba ?? and her son Warren was listed as Warren Sly in the 1920 census, but I do not see Paul listed. The Slys divorced, too. Almina's father was George Buell, and her mother is listed as Matilda and also as Rose. Almina might have been born in Big Rapids MIchigan in 1888-1890.

What happened to the Starr boys? Who was their father? Did Almina marry again? What happened to her? Sheldon Shears was my grandfather and never said a word about this first marriage or his wife's children. Oddly enough, he married a women whose grandmother was a Starr from St. Clements Ontario, but I don't find any unaccounted for Paul or Warren in those families.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions