Search for content in message boards

Matilda Stead and Jabez Pickett Stead

Replies: 0

Matilda Stead and Jabez Pickett Stead

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stead, Anderson
Hello,

I am looking for information about my Great-great grandma's family. Her name was Matilda Stead and she was born about 1870 in Indiana. She married Harlow Anderson, but died when she was only 25 (April 1895). She left behind a 6-year-old son, Charles Bruce (My great grandpa) and a 4-year-old daughter Lulu.

Her parents Jabez Peckitt Stead (who went primarily by Peckitt– I'm not sure of the spelling as I have seen it several ways) and his wife Nancy. Jabez was born in Indiana around 1836. His parents (William and Hannah) were from England and died between 1860-1870 in LaGrange Co, Indiana. Jabez died in Springfield twp, Indiana in February of 1905.
All I know about his wife is that her name was Nancy and she was born around 1834 in New York. They had one other child (that I know of), a son, Bruce, who was born around 1863.

If anyone has information about this line of Steads that they are willing to share I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions