Search for content in message boards

James Stead born abt 1856

Replies: 0

James Stead born abt 1856

Posted: 11 May 2012 7:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Anyone that can help, I am looking for James Stead born abt 1856 in Stepney London he married Elizabeth formerly Phillips born in Marylebone London abt 1859 they had at least 4 children
Jane Stead d.o.b.12.11.1889
James Frederick Stead d.o.b.29.04.1892
Thomas Henry Stead d.o.b.04.06.1893
Mary Eva Stead d.o.b.31.08.1894
All of the children were left in Stewkley Bucks abt 1899
they were all left with the surname Phillips we can't find birth certs or marriage cert for their parents we do know that my grandfather Thomas Henry was the only sibling to have children Mary Eva went to Canada and James Frederick also went to Canada they all had dark skin and dark eyes so we have no idea if they had any foreign blood and why they went to Canada or why we can't find any info on the parents
we have searched and can't find out what happened to them from family stories we know that the mother was alive for some time because she tried to make contact with Jane but she didn't want to so the story goes Mary Eva became a distict nurse in Canada and James Frederick had a shop and so the story goes he was shot because he got involved with undesirables he later came back to England and became a recluse /Hermit and died in a hovel so the people papers printed but I can't find the story all of the children were called Phillips all through their lives I would be so grateful if anyone can help Regards Susan email add is susan_smith99@bigpond.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions