Search for content in message boards

Tracing my Family tree and all Ancestors. Tammy Stewart, North Carolina

Replies: 7

Stewarts

Deanna Sevigny (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 12:54AM GMT
Hi Deanna, My grandfather's name was George Stewart also but married to, Rosa Elizabeth Butner and they had 13 children here in the Western Carolina Mtns. Mitchell county is where we are now. I know by tracing through the library, the 1st recorded Stewart was found to have been located in Lumberton, NC. Then after the civil war, all went different directions through the south and especially North Carolina. George's dad my gg- grandfather was nicked, Tom Duely. I never got to meet him, but my brother has a complete library research on the Stewarts in NC. I will get a copy of it and hopefully be able to tell you more. Thanks and if you have or find out anymore info. please let me know. I would sure appreciate it very much. Maybe we are connected! Thank-you, Tammy Stewart. PS. I do know we have the largest Stewart cemetary here in NC for most of the past Stewarts in which I know not all of them, but I know we are related or they wouldnt have been placed there. Hope I have helped and please keep in touch, Thank-You again.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tammy Stewart 4 Jul 2000 3:03PM GMT 
Deanna Sevigny 11 Jul 2000 10:01PM GMT 
Deanna Sevigny 15 Jul 2000 6:54AM GMT 
Lynn Pollard 25 Jul 2000 8:11AM GMT 
lpigott9 29 Jul 2001 11:13PM GMT 
Jtshep 7 Jul 2001 5:44PM GMT 
angiest57 31 Dec 2012 3:30AM GMT 
YELTON4 4 Apr 2005 5:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic