Search for content in message boards

Ephraim Stewart

Replies: 0

Ephraim Stewart

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 8:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2013 8:18PM GMT
I have had my family in West Virginia, Ohio, or PA from 1806 to 1824 - All children say they were born in Wheeling, WV - I have traced al four children down but not one obituary says the names of their parents. The children are Susan, Lydia, Ephraim and Henry and all very religious and farmers - in around 1924 they were orphaned - Susan got married, Lydia was bonded out, and the two little boys were but in the poor house where they stayed for about 4 years and then were "adopted by people"????? and taken to Illinois. I cannot find any record of them in Illinois until they each got married (they still had the Stewart Name. Henry stayed in Illinois and married - Ephraim (my 3great grandfather) married and left for Missouri with a wagon train that included Paster Alan and set up a church in Bethany Township, in Harrison Co., MO. All four of the children say that both parents were born in PA. A few years later Lydia and her sister, Susan who was married to Rev. Shumard (they had a large family) joined Ephraim in Bethany and Lydia, Susan, and Her husband lived the rest of their lives there. Ephraim left the area.

Could you scan your book for any reference of these names -
I have been working on this tree since I was 13 and I am 67 next month. I have been back to the states mentioned several times and nothing is to be found.

Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic