Search for content in message boards

James Stewart Agnes Bunting

Replies: 0

James Stewart Agnes Bunting

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
James and Agnes had sons Charles and Alexander and operated James Stewart & Son’s House Factors in Glasgow.

Alexander was b 12 JUN 1865 in Glasgow, he married Christina MacDonald 7 JUL 1892 in Glasgow. In 1901 they were living at the Grove in Roseneath he is listed as a Banker and House Factor. A son Alexander was b 1894 in Clydebank and in 1906 a daughter Margaret Jarvie b Yoker (Clydebank). There is no signs of this family in the 1911 Scottish Census nor English Census. No death, divorce nor remarriage recorded that I have been able to find for Alexander and Christina or their son Alexander. Mind you Alexander Jr. may have been killed in WWI. I did find Margaret she married in 1920 at Clydebank and moved with her husband to his farm in Kent. On Margaret’s marriage registration it lists both her parent but neither indicated as deceased nor were they listed as witnesses but then parents rarely were.

A long shot especially with such common names, I’m hoping to find someone lurking about who knows this family.

Don

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions