Search for content in message boards

Maggie Stewart of East Saginaw, Michigan

Replies: 0

Maggie Stewart of East Saginaw, Michigan

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 12:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart, Meeker, Smith
My family is in possession of an old photo album (mostly tintypes) in which the inside cover is written "Maggie Stewart, East Saginaw." None of the photos are labeled except for 2 that were stuck in the inside cover. One was of John Bowman Smith in his Civil War uniform, and the other was of a man who wrote on the back "To Ida from Uncle Frank Meeker", Ida being Ida Smith, daughter of Watson Smith and Francis Maybelle Meeker of Boon, Michigan (near Cadillac). Some of the photographs are labeled as having been took in a studio in Coopersville, Michigan, where the Meekers are from.

I was wondering if anyone has come across a Maggie Stewart in East Saginaw sometime in the mid to late 1800s. I am having trouble discovering who she was, how she was connected to my ancestors, and how my family came into possession of her photograph album. I hope finding her identity will be a first step in identifying some of the people in the album.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions