Search for content in message boards

Matilda Stewart

Replies: 0

Matilda Stewart

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart, Campbell
Hey all,

I've hit a wall trying to tie together a HVR1, HVR2, Coding Region mtDNA match I have with a distant cousin through FTDNA.

The furthest back I can trace on his maternal line is his 3rd great grandmother Matilda Stewart b 1830 in Toberhead Londonderry Ireland, d. 23 April 1894 in Castledawson Ireland. Matilda's daughter was Margaret Campbell b 30 July 1861 in Toberhead, Castledawson, Londonderry, Ireland, d 10 Feb 1929 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.

Matilda married George Thomas Campbell, (b 19 April 1830 in Toberhead, Londonderry, Ireland) on 14 Aug 1857 in Meeting House of Castledawson, Ireland.

Matilda's parents were: Father: Samuel Stewart - Mother: Unknown <-- (what I'm looking for)

On my side I'm able to trace back to my 8th great grandmother Lydia O'Rorie Moore, b 1702 in Scotland, who moved to Castlefinn, Ireland and married Sir Walter Boggan in 1719. Their daughter, Sarah Jane Boggan immigrated to the USA sometime in the first half of the 1700's and married Thomas Wade of Virginia in 1743.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions