Search for content in message boards

John Stewart

Replies: 0

John Stewart

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart/Martin/Whyte/Curr
My paternal great grandfather is John Stewart. I know that he was a merchant seaman in or around 1860 near Angus/Forfarshire Scotland. My paternal great grandmother Elizabeth Martin had two children Margaret Elizabeth Ann born 2 Oct 1860 indicated as an illegitamate birth in Dundee Forfarshire Scotland and my ggrandfather Daniel Stewart born 12 Aug 1862 in Montrose Forfar Scotland. In this record it states that John Stewart a merchant seaman is the father and that the two were married on the 30 of April 1860 in Dundee. I've looked for the marriage record to no avail. When Daniel, known as Donald marries Mary Ann Curr on 25 Dec 1884, John Stewart is 'reputed' to be the father but that Elizabeth Martin has since married John Whyte. On the marriage record for John Whyte and Elizabeth Martin she uses Martin and not Stewat, which leads me to believe that she and John Stewart were never married. However, I still know next to nothing about John Stewart when both Margaret Elizabeth Ann and Daniel (Donald) went through life with the last name Stewart. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions