Alexander Philips Stewart Brickwall

Replies: 0

Alexander Philips Stewart Brickwall

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 3:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2013 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Mclay, Mckay
Hi,

Looking for any information on Alexander Philips Stewart born around 1893 ( possibly Ireland as can`t find Scottish birth record ) to Joseph Stewart and Margaret McLay?( based on marriage details) Alexander was in the 2/6th Scottish rifles(Cameronians service no 1918 in 1916 ) married to Margaret Jane Gordon in Bellshill June 1916,
Death 27 Nov` 1947 at 10 Cadzow drive Mossend, Bellshill.

Marriage states that father is Joseph and death cert states Patrick i am assuming that his father is Joseph as Alexander would have given this name.

Mothers surname may be McKay or other derivitives as is not clear on the doc`s that i have.

Alexander i believe served in Ypres as i have a postcard to his wife dated 20 sep`t 1917, and so must have changed units as the one he was in is a territorial unit and never left the British isles.

Alexander had a brother John( i have no other info on John other than the fact that he is mentioned in a post card. and i have been told by family members that he either was a twin or had twin brothers.

I have now been searching for info on this man for around 8 years and i am getting no further, so any help is appreciated.

Regards

William

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions