Search for content in message boards

Arvis and William STEWART of Brooklyn, NY

Replies: 0

Arvis and William STEWART of Brooklyn, NY

Posted: 18 Apr 2014 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEWART, WILLIAMS, HARVEY
I am looking for the final resting place for William STEWART (1884-?) and Arvis Stewart (nee WILLIAMS) of Brooklyn, NY. William married Arvis (1886-?) in 1904. According to the marriage record that I obtained, Arvis was born in Lynchburg to Stephen Williams and Eliza Harvey. William was born in Bayside, Queens to William Stewart. (His mother was not named on the marriage application). I have placed them on State and Federal Census records between 1900 and 1930. In 1930, Arvis told the enumerator that she was widowed, but I have found no to substantiate this, despite searching for the past couple years. None of the relatives that I have spoken with have any knowledge about the approximate year of death for William, though I was told that Arvis died "sometime in the 1960s" en route to see her daughter Glendora (aka Glenny). I found Arvis' parents on the 1900, 1910 and 1920 Census but nothing after that. She did have a brother, James, who moved to North Carolina with his wife. I do not know if William had any siblings. Also, I found two WWII Draft Cards for William Stewart in and around the NYC area, either which could have been "my" William, but I just do not know how to verify this due to the common name to go back another generation.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions