Search for content in message boards

Alexander Stinson, b. 1700 , Virginia

Replies: 2

Alexander Stinson, b. 1700 , Virginia

Posted: 8 Sep 2009 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stinson
This is in response to Mary Jo of Louisiana's message dated Mon. Sep 09 regarding Alexander Stinson, Sr. of Buckingham Co., VA and his descendents.

Mary Jo, I'm also descended from Alexander, Sr., though by his son, David. I will send you a copy (.pdf) of a short book "Alexander Stinson of Buckingham Co., VA (and Some Descendents)" that documents your family line. I would attach it to this message, but .pdf files are not accepted. I recommend two books: (1) "So Obscure a Person" by Edna Barney. Ms Barney's book documents her genealogy research on Alexander and his descendents. It's detailed, but contains some errors that concern serious Stinson researchers. Still, it's worth the read. (2) "Alexander" by Charles Stinson. Mr. Stinson's book is a fictionalized account of Alexander's life beginning with his indenture in Williamsburg, VA. It was meticulously researched and is a wonderful account of life in the colonial city.

You may also be interested in my blog, "Buckingham Stinsons" at http://buckinghamstinsons.blogspot.com/.

Good luck,

Kathy Stinson
Virginia Beach, VA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Hessmer 9 Sep 2009 12:23AM GMT 
tropikimmie 17 Feb 2010 5:20AM GMT 
Kathy Hessmer 18 Feb 2010 12:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions