Search for content in message boards

Cart Strickland of Shinbone Valley, Alabama, dies

Replies: 0

Cart Strickland of Shinbone Valley, Alabama, dies

Posted: 3 Jan 2008 12:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Strickland, Bennefield, Dover, Spruill
Karen Strickland Bennefield wrote:

I have sad news from Shinbone Valley today. My uncle, Carlton (Cart) Strickland died last night at home from a heart attack. He has been battling heart problems for about 15 years. He is the son of Huel T. Strickland and Daisy (Dover) Strickland. I don't have my family books with me at work, and am not thinking too clearly today, but I believe we are from the Ancel Butler Strickland and Rebecca Spruill line. Sorry if I am wrong.

He leaves behind his wife, Aunt Margie, one son Earl Strickland, and 4 daughters, Gay, Teresa, Carol, and Vicki.

He wanted to be cremated and the memorial date has not been set yet.

Uncle Cart was quiet a character, as most Stricklands are. He still owned about 100 acres of some of the original Strickland land. I don't remember him ever working anywhere but on the land. He raised cattle, owned the Shinbone Valley Store forever and worked 4 chicken houses (the old way, by hand). All of the chicken houses were destroyed by a tornado when I was 10 or so.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions