Search for content in message boards

William Swearingen & Susan Baker

Replies: 5

Re: William Swearingen & Susan Baker

Posted: 20 May 2012 1:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swearingen, Baker, McCourt, Cunningham
Hello,

You were right all those years ago when you posted your reply to me! This was not an easy family to research since the name is spelled so many different ways and the family members went by different first names or initials.
If you check my family tree (McCourt-Vacek) you will see I do have a lot of information on this family now. Three very helpful web sites I used were familysearch.org, http://siouxcountynewspaperarcive.com (lots of articles on here about the Swearingen family - spelled different ways), and http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov (old South Omaha newspaper artilces and some from Ohio too). That last one is where I got the various newspaper artilces about the death of Martin Cunningham and Bridget/Ora's law suit againt the city of South Omaha.
I also looked thru lots of microfilms, and have found the various land records for the land Martin Cunningham and his siblings bought in Marshall County, Kansas. There are records of Bridget later selling that land.
When I started I knew next to nothing about my grandfather's early life. Now I have a better picture of what his life and his first wife's life was like.
I had also called a friend of my brother's who works at the Omaha Catholic cemeteries. He found the burial records for Martin Cunningham and Bridget/Ora Swearingen at St. Mary's Catholic cemetery in Omaha.
The Swearingen's were certainly an interesting family. Please let me know if I can be any help or if you'd like copies of any of the records I have.

Kathy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Vacek 1 May 2003 11:51PM GMT 
Kyla Ware Cromer 10 Aug 2003 4:51AM GMT 
Kathy Vacek 22 Sep 2003 7:57PM GMT 
KathrynVacek 29 Apr 2009 6:58PM GMT 
kwcromer 20 May 2012 3:24AM GMT 
Kathy Vacek 20 May 2012 7:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions