Search for content in message boards

William Swearingen & Susan Baker

Replies: 5

Re: William Swearingen & Susan Baker

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 12:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swaeringen, Cunningham, McCourt
I have an update on Bridget Cunningham. I have bothe a civil and church marriage record for my Grandfather, David McCourt and Bridget Cunningham. On both records her name is "Bridget".

However, in the South Omaha, Nebraska City Directory for 1891 there is a Cunningham, O., Mrs, resides at 213 N 26th. David McCourt is listed at 218 N 26th in the same directory. He is working as a butcher at Cudahay.

In the 1892 city directory David McCourt is listed as boarding at S 17th and Bellevue. Mrs. Ora Cunningham is also residing at S 17th and Bellevue. This must be were they met.

On the 1885 Nebraska State census for Douglas Precinct there is an Ora Cunningham (age 23, born Ohio) listed on the same page as Martin Cunningham (age 28, born New York). Also listed is their son, James (age 8/12, born Nebraska), and Matthew Cunningham (age 31 born New York) and his family.

Martin must die sometime before 1892 when David McCourt and Ora/Bridget get married. On the 1900 census for South Omaha, Ora McCourt is living with her son James. She is 38, born in Ohio and says she is a widow. She is working as a cook. James is 16, and born in Nebraska. (David McCourt is living at Harrison and Railroad ave. on the 1900 census) Ora says she has had 2 children, with 1 now living. David McCourt and Ora/Bridget had a daughter, Margaret born in 1893/94 that died at just a few months old. David and Ora/Bridget divorced in 1901.

I am still not sure who Ora/Bridget's parents were. There is a daughter named Flora living with William and Susan Swearingen on the 1880 census for Wyandot County, Ohio -- but other researchers list that Susan's last name as Miller, not Baker, and have Flora married to R. B. Munday. So I don't think that is the right family, but I am not sure. Anyone researching this family?? I'd like to find out Ora/Bridget's parent's names.

The Robert Cunningham mentioned in my other e-mails is not the person that Ora/Bridget married. I believe it is Martin Cunningham listed above.
Thanks. Kathy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Vacek 1 May 2003 11:51PM GMT 
Kyla Ware Cromer 10 Aug 2003 4:51AM GMT 
Kathy Vacek 22 Sep 2003 7:57PM GMT 
KathrynVacek 29 Apr 2009 6:58PM GMT 
kwcromer 20 May 2012 3:24AM GMT 
Kathy Vacek 20 May 2012 7:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic