Search for content in message boards

Swearingen Family in Al. and/or Va.

Replies: 0

Swearingen Family in Al. and/or Va.

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 12:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swearingen and Angel
My Dad was Matthew Van Swearingen, Jr. Born 02/09/13 in Florence, Al. He and brother and parents moved to Va. in 1933. I had an uncle, Thomas Clyde Swearingen, born in May 1915?, who served in Pacific during WWII, and later moved to Baltimore, Md. He died in Oct. 1991. My grandfather was Matthew Van Swearingen, Sr., and was born about 1889, and was a bookkeeper by trade. He had a sister, Olive Swearingen, who lived in Pensacola, Fl., and was an educator. She died about 1964. My grandmother was Catherine Angel Swearingen. I believe she was from Tuscaloosa, Al., because she had 3 sisters, Tiney, Elsie, and Jimmie Sue Angel, who lived there. My great grandfather was Eli Swearingen. My Great uncle was Rev. Thomas Eli Swearingen of Birmingham, Al. I believe many other 2nd and 3rd cousins reside in Central and Southern Al. Can someone PLEASE give me some more information, especially from my grandfather and back. I would deeply appreciate ANY and ALL help.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions